As we’re sure you’ve heard by now, Marvel Legacy is coming up this autumn, bringing in an “initiative that spans the entire Marvel Universe” and is geared toward providing fans with “a renewed sense of hope, heroics, and dozens and dozens of returns of the heroes fans have been demanding”.
Stan Lee comments:
I love the concept of returning to the classic characters as they were originally portrayed, without losing the brilliance and excitement of Marvel’s newest generation of heroes. Excelsior!
Marvel have revealed that Legacy will offer:
- The most spectacular character returns
- Epic stories adding to the next chapter of the Marvel Universe by the industries’ top talent
- Heroes fighting villains
- Clean jumping on points for all readers clearly displayed using dynamic new trade dress
- The return to original numbering for many series
- Did we mention the most spectacular character returns that comic fans have demanded
In Marvel Legacy #1, we’re going to be “journeying to the dawn of time, as Marvel introduces you to the first Avengers from 1,000,000 BC” and encountering characters such as Odin, Iron Fist, Starbrand, Ghost Rider, Phoenix, Agamotto, and Black Panther.
Writer Jason Aaron (Mighty Thor) and artist Esad Ribic (Secret Wars) are working together for this all-new 50-page one-shot that will “take you through time to the current Marvel Universe, showing you how it’s “all connected.”
According to Marvel, Marvel Legacy will provide:
- The single most important first step for any fan to jumping into MARVEL LEGACY
- Shocks, twists, clues, and Easter eggs
- A blockbuster story that sets the stage for the coming years of Marvel storytelling
- The introduction of the 1,000,000 BC AVENGERS
- The most talked about return in comics
- A brilliant tale by the legendary team of Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic
- The set-up for 53 Marvel Universe series
- Those character returns you’ve asked for, many of them get cued up here