San Diego Comic-Con is looming. If you’re fortunate enough to be attending, there are tons and tons of things to check out. For fans of the Power Rangers, there are panels on the shows and comics, exclusives, and plenty of opportunities to snap a selfie with a Ranger.
What is sure to be a prized item at this year’s convention is the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers SDCC-exclusive slap bracelet. Nothing says ’90s nolstagia like a slap bracelet. They’ll be given away at a few different booths, specifically, Bandai (#3535), Nickelodeon, and BOOM! Studios (#2229).
Power Rangers Dino Super Charge and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers costume characters will be on hand throughout the show, making appearances at partner booths. For the first time in years, the costumed Green MMPR Ranger will be appearing with all five core Rangers. That sounds like a pretty awesome photo opp.
The Lionsgate booth will host a Legacy Wars tournament with appearances by the Green Ranger himself, Jason David Frank. He’ll even be playing in the tournament. Prizes included branded hoodies and t-shirts.
Here is the information on the two Power Rangers panels:
Official SDCC Panel
- ABOUT: Power Rangers will host an official SDCC panel inside the convention center, which will focus on consumer products, featuring current and upcoming news from the franchise.
- WHEN: Thursday, 7/20; Time: 12-1:00 PM
- WHERE: Room 25ABC
- WHO: Moderator – Nerdist’s Dan Casey; Panelists include Saban Brands’ rep Jason Bischoff and select partners (i.e. nWay, Pop Culture Shock, Imaginext, etc.)
- WHAT: Panel will include panelist discussion and audience Q+A with prizes/giveaways for fans who ask questions
BOOM! Studios Comic Panel – Booth #2229
- WHO: Host – Melissa Flores, Saban Brands Director of Development and Production; Moderator – Ciara Hanna, Yellow SMF Ranger
- WHEN: Friday, 7/21; Time: 11:30 – 12:30PM
- Following panel (1-1:50 pm) signing with Ciara Hanna; writer, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Kyle Higgins; Writer, Saban’s Go Go Power Rangers, Ryan Parrott; and artist, Saban’s Go Go Power Rangers, Dan Mora
Finally, there are a bevy of exclusives to choose from. Check out the list below, along with which booths to go to in order to get your hands on them.
Bandai – Booth #3535: Note that limited quantities will be available each day
- Exclusive Zeo Black/Gold Communicator ($100)
- Tokyo Vinyl Black/Gold Megazord ($60)
- Legacy Movie Megazord ($40)
Entertainment Earth – Booth #2343
- Micro Morphins Capsule Figures ($25)
Funko – Booth #5341
- 6” Pop Megazord ($14.99)
Monogram Direct – Booth #3645
- Saban’s Power Rangers Figural Keyring ($39.99)
- Added features include 2 exclusive Metallic Colored Red & Blue Rangers for SDCC only
BOOM! Studios – Booth #2229
- Jim Lee Tribute Covers
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #17 SDCC Exclusive
- Go Go Power Rangers #1 SDCC Exclusive A
- Go Go Power Rangers #1 SDCC Exclusive B
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers 2017 Annual
- Go Go Power Rangers #1 (Panorama/Pull-out)
- PRICES: $20 individual/$75 for set of 4 individual comics/$100 for the pullout version including entire panoramic.