New York Comic Con (NYCC) is almost upon us, and so publishers are beginning to reveal their panels, signing and which creators they’ll be bringing with them to one of the last big cons of the year.
DC Comics may have moved lock, stock and barrel to Burbank, but they will be there with a booth they plan on being the hub of all things DC across the long weekend of October 4th – 7th.
Not only will they be premiering their new Titans live-action series, destined for their newly-launched streaming service, but there will be a cast signing Friday lunchtime too (1:15pm ET) featuring Brenton Thwaites, Teagan Croft, Ryan Potter, Anna Diop, Minka Kelly, Alan Ritchson, and Executive Producers Geoff Johns, Akiva Goldsman and Greg Walker.
Here’s some of the big name signings over the weekend:
The DC booth will host a robust schedule of signings* with the biggest names from the world of DC including:
- Friday, 3:15-4:00pm – Producers and voice talent from the upcoming Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Blu-ray release Batman: The Animated Series, including Kevin Conroy, Loren Lester, Diane Pershing and producers Bruce Timm and Eric Radomsko
- Saturday, 2:00-2:45pm – Voice talent from Warner Bros Home Entetainment’s upcoming DC Universe Movie Reign of the Supermen, including Patrick Fabian, Toks Olabundoye, Nyambi Nyambi
- Sunday, 1:15-2:00pm – The cast of Warner Bros. Television’s Gotham, including Robin Lord Taylor, Cory Michael Smith, David Mazouz, Sean Pertwee,
Camren Bicondova, Erin Richards, Chris Chalk, and executive producer John Stephens
As for panels? They’ve got ’em in spades. take a look at all these :
DC is set to unleash a schedule of panels at NYCC loaded with celebrated industry leaders and game-changing new voices:
- Publishers Jim Lee and Dan DiDio will take the stage to kick off DC’s programming at NYCC with their DC’s Meet the Publishers panel. Thursday 1:45 pm, Room 1A24
- The DC Spotlight on Geoff Johns panel will feature the bestselling writer as he gives fans the inside scoop on some of the biggest ongoing and forthcoming DC projects in comics, television and film. Friday 1:30 pm, Room 1A06
- Hot on the heels of the red carpet premiere of the DC Universe original series Titans, the DC Universe Digital Service panel will dive into the newly launched, first-of-its-kind subscription service. Join DC Publisher and Chief Creative Officer Jim Lee, superstar writer and producer Geoff Johns, and an array of guests that will showcase how this immersive digital platform is designed especially for DC fans. Plus the panel will give fans the latest updates on Titans, the animated series Young Justice: Outsiders, and dive into the incredible line-up of legendary DC films and TV series, epic animated movies, comic books, exclusive merchandise and more. Thursday 5:15 pm, Room 1A24
- One of the most celebrated writers in comics will take center stage at the DC Spotlight on Brian Michael Bendis panel. From his new tales of the Man of Steel in SUPERMAN and ACTION COMICS, to his creator-owned JinxWorld books and his recent Walmart-exclusive story for the Batman 100-Page “Giant,” this must-attend panel will be packed with sneak peeks and an insider look at Bendis’ forthcoming releases. Saturday 5:15, Room 1A24
- Some of comics’ most innovative voices will take the stage at the DC Vertigo panel to explore the high concept series for fans of fantasy, crime, supernatural, horror and satire. Meet Ben Blacker (Hex Wives), Tina Horn (Safe Sex), Kat Howard (Books of Magic), Zoë Quinn (Goddess Mode), Rob Sheridan (High Level) and Dan Watters (Lucifer). Those in attendance will receive some must-have swag including an advance copy of Hex Wives #1! Friday 11:15 am, Room 1A21
- Fans won’t want to miss the DC Spotlight on Tom King panel where they’ll have a chance to listen to King discuss how he uses inspiration from his former life as a CIA operative for his intense and emotionally-driven stories. As King’s Eisner-winning run on Mister Miracle concludes, attendees can get all the details on the new series which explores the psychological effects of life as a superhero, Heroes In Crisis. Saturday 11:15 am, Room 1A21
- Industry legends Frank Miller (Superman: Year One) and Brian Michael Bendis (Superman, Action Comics) will gather together for an unforgettable celebration for truth, hope and justice as they honor the most iconic Super Hero in history at the DC Superman 80thpanel. Hosted by DC Publisher Dan DiDio. Saturday 2:15 pm, Room 1A06
- The DC All Stars panel will be packed with DC’s most brilliant and creative minds. Including Brian Michael Bendis, Amanda Conner, Tom King, Jimmy Palmiotti, Jock, Scott Snyder and more, fans will receive fascinating insight on how these all-star creators continue to make the DC Universe a non-stop thrill ride! And if that’s not enough, fans attending the panel will receive a special surprise gift (while supplies last)! Friday 6:00 pm, Main Stage
- The creative minds behind DC’s biggest superheroes and super-villains will gather together at the DC World’s Finest panel. Loaded with some of the top industry talent including Kelly Sue DeConnick, Steve Orlando, James Tynion IV, Emanuela Lupacchino, Peter Tomasi, and Howard Porter this panel will offer fans an in-depth preview at blockbuster crossover events and new storylines. Saturday 12:15 pm, Room 1A24
- What’s MAD Magazine been up to since it bailed on The Big Apple and landed in La La Land? Promising to be the funniest panel of the Con, the Mad About MAD panel will be full of can’t-miss antics that will leave its audience in stitches. From new parodies to new projects, fans have the chance to get in on the fun with the team behind the iconic brand. Sunday 10:45 am, Room 1A21
- Fans can dive into the latest adventures of iconic Super Heroes including Aquaman, Hawkman, The Flash, Teen Titans, Wonder Woman and more at the DC Nation panel. Explore the storylines hitting the DC Universe as DC Publisher Dan DiDio joins Adam Glass, Rob Venditti, Joshua Williamson, Kelly Sue DeConnick and Emanuela Lupacchino for an in-depth discussion. Sunday 2:30 pm, Room 1A21
Looks like a packed full weekend for DC. Hmmm, I wonder what Marvel will bring to match that line-up?