I’ll freely admit I put my Dungeon & Dragons campaigning days behind many, many years ago, but even I’ve heard of the YouTube phenomenon that is Critical Role. When several of the Critical Role team turned up at last November’s MCM Comic Con in Birmingham, it went wild!
For the who are still in the dark, here’s their official bio:
What began in 2012 as a bunch of friends playing in each other’s living rooms has evolved into a multi-platform entertainment sensation, attracting over half million viewers every week. Now in its second campaign storyline, the show features seven popular voiceover actors diving into epic Dungeons & Dragons adventures, led by veteran game master Matthew Mercer.
All caught up now? Well, it should come as no surprise to fans of the YouTube channel that it has grow to a point where, this weekend, it will be holding its own art exhibition in Los Angeles; The Art of Expandria. But, that’s not why I write now, but rather because of the online offers for fans keen to pick up some prints for themselves. While you and me may not be able to get there in person, you will be able to pre-order these two huge prints (weighing in at a hefty 24″ x 36″ in size) at the end of the month in both their US online store and UK online store too.
The two prints available are a reproduction of the cover art to The Chronicles of Expandia Vol. 2 presented as the newly titled Vox Machina and a second, original print called Mighty Nein. Both are the work of illustrators Matteo Scalera and Moreno Dinisio.
Here are a few more details:
- Unsigned versions ($49.99 USD each) will be available first at The Art of Exandria art show (starting on January 18th and ending on January 20th at Gallery Nucleus in Los Angeles) and released online via pre-order during the 50th episode of Campaign 2, which is January 31st, 2019.
- The prints at the gallery are first-come, first-serve, so if you can’t make the art opening, there’s a good chance you might be able to snag one throughout the weekend!
- Please note that we only accept credit cards at the gallery.
- Both the signed and unsigned versions of the Mighty Nein and Vox Machina print will also be available for pre-order on January 31st through our US online shop ($249.99 USD for each signed and $49.99 USD for each unsigned) and our UK online shop (£249.99 GPB for each signed and £49.99 GPB for each unsigned). Please note that signed versions will NOT be available at the art show.
- Both the unsigned and signed poster pre-orders will end after two weeks on Thursday, February 14th, 2019.