Clocking in at 750 issues, The Flash will be celebrating with an 80 page anniversary issue. Following in footsteps of Action Comics #1000 and Detective Comics #1000, this special issue will host a variety of covers spanning 8 decades of the speedster rich history, obviously featuring Jay Garrick, the Silver Age Flash on the first couple of covers at least. It will feature a series of stories by the likes of Marv Wolfman, Geoff Johns, Bryan Hitch, Francis Manapul, David Marquez, Riley Rossmo and feature covers by José Luis García-López, Jim Lee, Scott Williams and Gary Frank, amongst others.
It will also feature the launch of the next storyarc, “The Flash Age,” try writer Joshua Williamson and artists Rafa Sandoval and Jordi Tarragon.
Here’s the full list of cover artist and the decade they’ll be illustrating. Which one do you have your eye on, even before the covers are revealed?
- 1940s variant cover by Nicola Scott
- 1950s variant cover by Gary Frank
- 1960s variant cover by Nick Derington
- 1970s variant cover by José Luis García-López
- 1980s variant cover by Gabriele Dell’Otto
- 1990s variant cover by Francesco Mattina
- 2000s variant cover by Jim Lee and Scott Williams
- 2010s variant cover by by Francis Manapul
The Flash #750 will be available February 26, 2020, for $7.99 from DC Comics.