With the success of Batman and Superman back in the late 30s, it was no surprise that other caped and cowled characters would seen follow, and so be ready for an onslaught of anniversaries over the next few years. DC Comics have already announced The Flash #750 and Wonder Woman #750 issues (even though Princess Diana’s actual 80th is in two years time) and now they’ve going to be celebrating a villain’s anniversary.
Catwoman’s 80th will be marked by DC Comics with a 200 page celebratory one-shot, Catwoman 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1 with a bullpen’s worth of creators contributing to this anniversary book. And, as with recent anniversary issues, there will be a variant cover for each of her 8 decades.
Check out the roster of artists below:
- 1940s variant cover by ADAM HUGHES
- 1950s variant cover by TRAVIS CHAREST
- 1960s variant cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
- 1970s variant cover by FRANK CHO
- 1980s variant cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
- 1990s variant cover by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO
- 2000s variant cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
- 2010s variant cover by JEEHYUNG LEE
The Catwoman 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1 is a prestige format comic book retailing for $9.99 and available on April 15, 2020