Once a spin-off to the popular action RPG series Torchlight, Torchlight Frontiers has now become the next game in the series, Torchlight III. Previously a free to play title, publisher Perfect Entertainment Games has pointed out they will be switching to a premium model, where players can acquire all the content for a single price. More from Arc Games themselves, below:
- The game now follows the classic Act structure from previous titles. Players start at the Imperial Outpost besieged by goblin hordes. They then follow the trail of nether corruption into lands overtaken by Hyvid and finally reach the [redacted] Peaks and their cavernous underplaces ruled by the electrifying [redacted].
- Horizontal progression has been removed, so all Frontier-specific levels, gear stats, and scaling has been removed as well. We are returning our progression systems to better work in tandem with this.
- Most zones are now private by default to give a better play experience. Players can still meet each other in public town levels and form parties to play together in instanced combat zones.
- When creating your character, you can now select Online or Offline Mode. Characters made in Offline Mode do not require an internet connection to play, but will also not be able to participate in multiplayer games.
- We have removed the in-game real-money store.
Torchlight III will launch sometime in the summer on Steam, then later on consoles.