Dynamite has revealed a line of variant covers from Juan Gedeon paying homage to classic covers from Jim Lee set to debut in May 2020. Each cover is colored by Carlos Cabrera. Here’s the breakout of issues along with their corresponding tribute:
- Vampirella #11 / Superman #204
- Red Sonja #16 / Batman #608
- Vampirella / Red Sonja #9 / X-Men #1
- Dejah Thoris #6 / Captain American #700 (or originally a splash page from Uncanny X-Men #268)
- Killing Red Sonja #3 / All-Star Batman & Robin #9
- Death to the Army of Darkness #4 / WildC.A.T.s #1
Artist Juan Gedeon says:
I started looking at Jim’s work with Hush and then went back to his Marvel work, as I was young when that all was coming out. I think he’s done the definitive versions of both Batman and Cyclops, two awesome characters. His poses are strong and beautiful, and of course his design work for both X-Men and WildC.A.T.s is cool as hell! I drew a story a while ago where I was asked to use his work as reference, and it really made me appreciate his craft.
When asked what other covers he has in mind, Gedeon said his next choices would be X-Men #11 with Ash as Wolverine and the first X-Men Annual with the whole Dynamite roster. Each of these covers will be available in May 2020.