So, what have you all been reading this past week here on comicon.com? Well, judging by the stats, it’s a week dominated by comic book news and reviews which is nice to read as we are a comic book news, previews and reviews website first and foremost. As ever, here’s you’re ten-to-take away.
- We took a look at two AWA Upshots books that came out this week with the first being The Resistance #3 by Michael J Straczynski and Mike Deodato Jr. You can read more about this socio-politically charged comic book here.
- Following up on that, we also reviewed another AWA Upshot’s release form this past week, Hotell #3 by John Lees and Dalibor Talajić. Reviewed here.
- There was also our review of Scout Comics’ Metalshark Bro 2: Assault on Hamzig Island #1 by Kevin Cuffe, Bob Frantz and artist Walter Ostlie which you can read fro yourself here.
- Richard Bruton’s extensive previews of 2000AD continues to be popular, suggesting we have a good few fans of this site based in the UK. You can take another look at Prog #2191 here.
- Our Richard also brought us news this week of Garth Ennis and PJ Holden’s WWII aeronautic drama, The Stringbags is to be published by Dead Reckoning / Naval Institute Press. Check out a preview here.
- DC Comics announced their partnership with the family-orientated video-calling app Caribu, offering up a good selection of their age appropriate kids’ comics though the app. Read all about it here.
- Gary Catig gave us a round up of everything of interest that came out of the Crunchyroll Comic-Con@Home panel here.
- UDON showed off their Comic-Con@Home exclusive march here.
- Tito W James posted another episode of his podcast, Listen To My Art Podcast, in which he caught up with Liam Vickers to discuss his new comedy/horror animated project, Internecion Cube, here.
- Finally, we’ll leave you with Philip Bond’s current Kickstarter, which has just over two week left. Ink 12″ will see Bond select the best of his Inktober sketches and publish them as 12″ LP sized square bound prints ideal for framing. More here.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!