Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#108827 - 03/20/03 09:58 AM CEREBUS 289...cancelled?!?!?
Sonny Lemmons Offline

Loc: University of Georgia, Athens,...
Okay, Diamond has just posted the new PREVIEWS on-line, and -- as always -- I took a gander at the "Cancelled" list. AMAZINGLY, this is what I found listed:

AARDVARK VANAHEIM
FEB031678 D CEREBUS #289 2

Now, according to Diamond, the Code 2 means that it will be resolicited.

Does anyone have any information about this other than what's listed at Diamond?

-Sonny

#108828 - 03/20/03 11:00 AM Re: CEREBUS 289...cancelled?!?!?
Kenneth Graves Offline

Loc: Boston, MA, USA
Somewhere between the rants about Islam and the rants about Canada's Liberal party, Dave mentioned something about how the schedule was slipping a bit.

He seemed to think he had to resolicit instead of shipping an issue a week late. Considering that shipping over a month late is standard operating procedure in this business, I'm not sure what his reasoning is. Another entry in the Sim/Diamond war? Just Dave being Dave?

#108829 - 03/20/03 11:00 AM Re: CEREBUS 289...cancelled?!?!?
TIP Offline

Loc: Saint Paul, MN
Wow.
That hasn't happened in a Long Long time.
I'd imagine that Sim and Gerhard have fallen a bit behind (Dave has discussed in the recent past on how it is taking he and G longer to get the issues done on time...due to getting older).

It'll show up, no doubt...but I wonder if they'll make the March 2004 date for issue 300???

T

#108830 - 03/21/03 03:11 AM Re: CEREBUS 289...cancelled?!?!?
Paul Herden Offline

Loc: location
If the last 8 or 9 issues is any indication, Dave is just suffering from a combination of typist's cramp and eye strain. Or rather, he's been smited.

Either that, or he brushed the back of his hand against his pants, accidentally rediscovered masturbation, and hasn't been seen since.

Failure to meet one's manly commitments, eh, Viktor? How.... feminine.

#108831 - 03/21/03 08:57 PM Re: CEREBUS 289...cancelled?!?!?
Lord Julius Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Mo.
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Herden:

Failure to meet one's manly commitments, eh, Viktor? How.... feminine.

To quote the Bard: "A hit. A very palpable hit."

On the one hand, he and Ger have gone almost 175 issues without ever having more than five weeks go by between issues (and do you know any other team in comics that has ever done that? No, of course you don't because there's no other team in comics that's even done 175 issues, much less 222, not to mention the 64 Dave did by himself before Ger came on board. So for the most part I feel like we ought to cut him some slack.

On the other hand, Dave has made rather a pain of himself the last few years about topics like Manliness and Honor and Doing the Right Thing and how Men are Men because they realize the importance of such things, and men who don't are feminized and women who do are among those rare female vessels of the Male Light, so when you see him doing this -- and doing this when he's going to be at a convention in a couple of weeks (albeit a one day affair) and Gerhard's missing it because he's going on a mini-vacation, well . . .

Maybe he's a Momma's boy after all.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

#108832 - 03/24/03 12:45 PM Re: CEREBUS 289...cancelled?!?!?
Jnuke Offline

Loc: Malden, MA Gorgoroth
Quote:
Originally posted by TIP:
(Dave has discussed in the recent past on how it is taking he and G longer to get the issues done on time...due to getting older).

I don't think it's about getting older. I think it's the sheer amount of time he must spend on the back-of-the-book essays these days.

#108833 - 03/24/03 12:55 PM Re: CEREBUS 289...cancelled?!?!?
TIP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jnuke:

I don't think it's about getting older. I think it's the sheer amount of time he must spend on the back-of-the-book essays these days.

Could be...could be.

I'm planning on asking him about the delay when I attend the SPACE con on April 5th.

T laugh

#108834 - 03/24/03 02:23 PM Re: CEREBUS 289...cancelled?!?!?
Sonny Lemmons Offline

Loc: University of Georgia, Athens,...
Quote:
Originally posted by TIP:

Could be...could be.

I'm planning on asking him about the delay when I attend the SPACE con on April 5th.

T laugh

Cool; I received "official" notification from the on-line comics shop I use for a sub service that, indeed, all orders for #289 were cancelled to be resolicited.

Amazing that this issues was/is to kick off the final storyline. Personally, I'm torn -- do I (a) want Dave & Ger to take the time off to make the last story as incredible as I used to have hope that it might be (pre-Sim-psychoses , or (b) as a matter of principle, have 'em keep pluggin' away to keep that old monthly grind up?

I think I'll choose option "A," there. Maybe a bittersweet ending will wash away the last bazillion "Reads" that have made me ingest aspirin before, during, and after reading them...

-Sonny

#108835 - 03/24/03 02:42 PM Re: CEREBUS 289...cancelled?!?!?
TIP Offline

AND

I wonder if issue 288 will be delayed (the last issue was 287)?

Anyone know?

288 ends 'Book One' of LATTER DAYS with 289 the beginning of the Final Book.
T

#108836 - 03/24/03 04:57 PM Re: CEREBUS 289...cancelled?!?!?
ChrisW Offline

Loc: Lincoln, Nebraska USA
I'm hovering around Diamond's site to check the shipping lists.

"I think ChrisW is the funniest man in entertainment still alive..."
-- the perceptive Tom Spurgeon

#108837 - 03/24/03 05:13 PM Re: CEREBUS 289...cancelled?!?!?
Scott Rowland Offline

Loc: California, U.S.A.
I read that 289/290 were going to be another double issue. Evidently he felt that breaking the story into two issues left 289 feeling incomplete.

--Scott

#108838 - 03/24/03 05:26 PM Re: CEREBUS 289...cancelled?!?!?
ChrisW Offline

Loc: Lincoln, Nebraska USA
Well, the new issue is not on Diamond's shipping list. frown

"I think ChrisW is the funniest man in entertainment still alive..."
-- the perceptive Tom Spurgeon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley