Topic Options
#110152 - 04/04/03 12:34 AM whats going on with JLA/AVENGERS?!
J_hollis Offline

Loc: IL, USA
i want my perez (and not the stuff i've been seeing at crossgen). i'm really gettin turned off by superhero books. i'm finding a lot of nice talent thats got a broder range, but the point is, i was promised JLA/AVENGERS in the 80's and i've wanted it ever since...i've been teased long enough...where is it?!

#110153 - 04/04/03 03:04 PM Re: whats going on with JLA/AVENGERS?!
MCP Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
In production. Issues 1 & 2 are in the can, George is almost done inking 3, and he got the script to 4 a month or so ago. The plan from Marvel and DC is to wait untilt he entire series is almost finished before soliciting, so as not to embarrass themselves.

Member of KELP

In New York now, not Atlanta

#110154 - 04/04/03 03:08 PM Re: whats going on with JLA/AVENGERS?!
Yobizan Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Why does everyone get a boner over Perez? I'd much rather see someone like Jae Lee or Mike Mignola doing the art on this book. Someone with a less traditional style. I'd be curious to see Mr. Larsen's version of a crossover too.

#110155 - 04/04/03 08:31 PM Re: whats going on with JLA/AVENGERS?!
shendricks Offline

Loc: Rockville, MD, USA
I had to check to see if that post about Mr. Larsen was posted on April 1! Oh, yeah! Larsen. That would sell like hotcakes.

When did YOU last buy a hotcake?

#110156 - 04/04/03 08:35 PM Re: whats going on with JLA/AVENGERS?!
shendricks Offline

Loc: Rockville, MD, USA
Ok, being serious. George has insisted on doing this book since it was first a little twinkle of an idea. I can promise you that NOBODY will give more than George. George has said that he keeps adding in more characters when he can. I expect it will be incredibly gorgrous.

And as slow and meticulous as Perez might be, if Mignola had been approached to do it, maybe your grandchildren would get a shot at seeing issue #1 published! Hee, hee, just kidding Mike!

#110157 - 04/05/03 01:27 AM Re: whats going on with JLA/AVENGERS?!
J_hollis Offline

Loc: IL, USA
the fact is, even if perez wasn't ded-set on doing the project, it would still be someone w/ a "traditional style". this book will very much be "your fathers comic-book". and thats really the way it should be approached, this comic will noit be about breaking new ground or anything, it'll be about having a helluva adventure book! this is about super-heros fighting, the plot will come second, and thats ok.

#110158 - 04/05/03 04:06 PM Re: whats going on with JLA/AVENGERS?!
BANE Offline

Loc: Atlanta,GA
Yeah, no superheros in black!

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley