Topic Options
#111360 - 04/16/03 11:05 PM Batman Beyond? Why not DC Beyond?
Shed Wiggins Offline

Loc: CT
Just a thought:

An Ultimate DCU will probably not happen and frankly I think Marvel's Ultimate projects will end when its talent base leaves. ( My estimate is two to three years tops. Whenever Bendis leaves USM.)

What I have always wanted to see is an expansion of the Batman Beyond universe. The cartoon was cool. An elderly Batman teaching a new young Dark Knight in a futuristic world was a great concept. I especially liked the designs, the interesting new villains ( like Inque)and the Justice League Unlimited. It was a bummer when the show went of the air and the book was canceled.

Just for sh*ts and giggles I thought it would be interesting if DC created a similar world, 20 or 30 years in the future, (and it does not have to be exactly like the cartoon). Hire some top talent to give us a glimpse of the DCU of the near future and not have to be impacted by the original DCU.

"Bears are mean, but frogs are cool. I never saw a frog coming at me and had to play dead."

#111361 - 04/17/03 12:03 AM Re: Batman Beyond? Why not DC Beyond?
Jimbo Offline

Loc: New Zealand/Canada
Sounds interesting as longs as its not like 2099 where they just take a bunch of regular characters and make them futristic.

Batman is understandable, and the cartoon was cool. Anyone can see the Batman legacy carrying on for generations but how many supermans and flashs are there going to be? Not many.

...Of course they'd always be a green lantern.

Mind you, Spiderman 2099 had a reasonable explantaion to it, but you can't go using that story line for every character.

#111362 - 04/17/03 01:09 AM Re: Batman Beyond? Why not DC Beyond?
Brian With Cheese Offline

Loc: Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo:
Sounds interesting as longs as its not like 2099 where they just take a bunch of regular characters and make them futristic.

Batman is understandable, and the cartoon was cool. Anyone can see the Batman legacy carrying on for generations but how many supermans and flashs are there going to be? Not many.

...Of course they'd always be a green lantern.

Mind you, Spiderman 2099 had a reasonable explantaion to it, but you can't go using that story line for every character.

If Kryptonian DNA ends up being compatable with human, Superman could indeed have a legacy, if only in family. Wonder Woman is immortal, and it's already been estabished that the Flash legacy is going to last WELL into the 80th century or so. Like you said, GL's will always exist, via a Corps or Kyle Rayner's gentic signature power ring(To be used only by himself and his future children). As for the rest of the DCU... who knows. Son of son of Green Arrow would be pushing things a bit.

Natalie: I dunno. Take a bath in Rogain?
http://ram.purrsia.com/fwf/
-----------------------------------
I don't do this because it I want to, or even have to. I do it because it's the only thing that feels natural anymore.
http://ram.purrsia.com

#111363 - 04/22/03 10:42 AM Re: Batman Beyond? Why not DC Beyond?
baron_calamity Offline

Loc: Rosedale, Md, USA
In the series, they had the Justice League and Superman was still there.

Plus there is the odd possiblity that Superman may get really old but still be just as powerful and never die...

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley