Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#113923 - 05/09/03 04:40 PM What non-comic book writer/artist would you like to see in the field?
Leslie Lee III Offline

The concept album Machina that Billy Corgan did with the Smashing Pumpkins had a very comic book feel to it. His poetic ramblings seem to share a lot in style with similar things from Moore and Morrison. I'd also like to see some of Sci-Fi writers Dan Simmons works in comic books form.

#113924 - 05/09/03 04:51 PM Re: What non-comic book writer/artist would you like to see in the field?
Andrey Kovrin Offline

Tom of Finland would fit right in with the current style on JLA.

#113925 - 05/09/03 04:53 PM Re: What non-comic book writer/artist would you like to see in the field?
Hollerin' Jeff Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, New Nork
Only if it's written by Dennis Cooper.

#113926 - 05/09/03 05:09 PM Re: What non-comic book writer/artist would you like to see in the field?
bryantjohnson Offline

Loc: northampton ma usa
I'd like to see Piet Mondrian do a Batman comic.

I'd also like to see Tristan Tzara write a Nightwing/Night Thrasher crossover.

#113927 - 05/09/03 07:10 PM Re: What non-comic book writer/artist would you like to see in the field?
Terminator X Offline

ronnie james dio and the guy who writes hammerfall's lyrics. they should both do fantasy comics.

#113928 - 05/09/03 07:31 PM Re: What non-comic book writer/artist would you like to see in the field?
onemoment Offline

I have this vision of creators outside the traditional comics industry checking this thread hourly to see if they made the list and should give comics a shot.

Oh wait, that's right, I don't, because they aren't.

Read Midnight Nation.

#113929 - 05/09/03 09:05 PM Re: What non-comic book writer/artist would you like to see in the field?
Leslie Lee III Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by onemoment:
I have this vision of creators outside the traditional comics industry checking this thread hourly to see if they made the list and should give comics a shot.

Oh wait, that's right, I don't, because they aren't.

Because everyone here thought they were, obviously! You know, playing the smartass doesn't work if you only get the "ass" part down.

#113930 - 05/10/03 02:37 AM Re: What non-comic book writer/artist would you like to see in the field?
Tyler B. Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Although I hear Fantastic Four is great right now, I would love to see Michael Chrichten (sp?) take a shot at it. Also, a Stephen King horror comic? Sounds good to me.

#113931 - 05/10/03 06:23 AM Re: What non-comic book writer/artist would you like to see in the field?
fournwah Offline

Loc: rochester, ny
I agree with Michael Crichton on FF. My other vote is Orson Scott Card on Silver Surfer or Captain Marvel

#113932 - 05/10/03 06:56 AM Re: What non-comic book writer/artist would you like to see in the field?
Cray_ws Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
I'd like to see Tom Clancy take a stab at Captain America or a S.h.i.e.l.d. book.

George Lucas on Sigil or Green Lantern

Anne Rice on Route666 or Wetworks

Robert Jordan on Scion or Sojourn

Wachowski Brothers on Authority or Avengers

Steven Speilberg on Negation or JLA

#113933 - 05/10/03 10:20 AM Re: What non-comic book writer/artist would you like to see in the field?
RANDY Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Here's some ideas.

Noted psychiatrist and best-selling crime fiction writer Jonathan Kellerman could do a ripping good Batman story centering around Bats mental health.

I'd love to see someone like attorney/writer Scott Turow do a straight courtroom drama featuring Matt Murdoch.

And last but not least. George R. R. Martin, whose sprawling "Song of Fire and Ice" Fantasy series I can't recommend enough, could do The Avengers since he helmed the Wild Cards superhero prose books for years.

#113934 - 05/10/03 10:57 AM Re: What non-comic book writer/artist would you like to see in the field?
scudthedisposableassasin Offline

Loc: Chicago
ID like ta see terry gilliam do some art for a comic.

It would be cool to see that with the superman story John Cleese is writing.

"You're crazy!" " That's what they said about Son Of Sam" - Caddyshack.

"Well I got news forya meatwad. That bus is not a vampire." " I know I know. It's a reverse vampire. Ya see the thing you need to look at is the weels. Those are the markings." "Whoever's in that bus is not Dracula!" "He's not in the bus Frilock, he IS the bus. Im a detective." Aquateen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley