Topic Options
#118792 - 06/27/03 09:27 AM Around the DC universe TradeACROSS THE UNIVERSE: THE DC UNIVERSE STORIES
Stealth Master Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
I read somewhere that there were printing problems with this trade.

Is there something wrong? Like DC recent printing of the Teen Titans (pages upside down)

Help?

#118793 - 06/27/03 11:54 AM Re: Around the DC universe TradeACROSS THE UNIVERSE: THE DC UNIVERSE STORIES
stroh Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD U.S.A.
I don't know about any printing problems, but DC didn't include the three prose stories Moore wrote for some of their UK annuals. Two Superman stories and a Batman story. Maybe Moore wouldn't allow it (if they even asked him)? I think he still owns the rights to those stories.

#118794 - 06/27/03 09:47 PM Re: Around the DC universe TradeACROSS THE UNIVERSE: THE DC UNIVERSE STORIES
shendricks Offline

Loc: Rockville, MD, USA
I believe the "printing problem" was that Amazon.com listed the book as cancelled.

#118795 - 06/28/03 06:35 AM Re: Around the DC universe TradeACROSS THE UNIVERSE: THE DC UNIVERSE STORIES
Chris Breach Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by stroh:
I don't know about any printing problems, but DC didn't include the three prose stories Moore wrote for some of their UK annuals.

Didn't include Swamp Thing #20, either.

#118796 - 06/28/03 07:38 AM Re: Around the DC universe TradeACROSS THE UNIVERSE: THE DC UNIVERSE STORIES
Charles Knight Offline

Loc: UK
Working off memory isn't one of those a report by an alien zoo worker who was dispatched to earth to pick up superman & supergirl for a Zoo?

http://www.imwan.com/phpBB2/index.php

#118797 - 06/28/03 12:46 PM Re: Around the DC universe TradeACROSS THE UNIVERSE: THE DC UNIVERSE STORIES
stroh Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally posted by Power Ring:
Working off memory isn't one of those a report by an alien zoo worker who was dispatched to earth to pick up superman & supergirl for a Zoo?

Yes, it was a story called "Protected Species" that ran in the 1984 UK annual, "The Superheroes" (it's sometimes erroneously listed as having run in the '84 Superman annual). The other Superman prose story by Moore was called "I was Superman's double". It ran in the 1985 UK Superman annual and was about a cab driver bragging to his passenger that he once filled in for Superman (the passenger turns out to be Clark Kent). PDFs of both of these can be read here:

http://home.insightbb.com/~fourcolorheros2/freeread/SupermanUK1984.pdf

There was also a Batman story called "The Gun" which ran in the 1985 UK Batman annual. It traced the path of the gun that was used to kill Batman's parents.

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley