Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#18450 - 03/15/06 10:42 PM Re: Eleven Whole Days...
Elliot Kane Offline

Loc: London, England
I think you are talking about different front pages, which is leading to misunderstanding.

Nat is talking about the front page of the message board; Keith is talking about the front page of The Pulse - that highlights the latest news and provides links to the message board.

Jen is bound to take stuff off of the front page of The Pulse as it gets older - there's new news all the time after all. Nothing stays there very long. It's as true for Marvel & DC as for anyone else.

But removal from the front page of The Pulse in no way affects positioning on the message board, which is entirely down to whether people post in the thread or not.

#18451 - 03/15/06 10:53 PM Re: Eleven Whole Days...
Keith Klein Offline

Loc: Chicago
I got a long detailed email from Jen today about the situation she had been going through since November. It sounds much like what I went through with my mom ten years ago that made me sit down and write Autumn Moon in the first place. I needed a place to focus my pain and loss...Autumn Moon became that vehicle.

Unfortunately, in our society today, especially in business, there is a stigma that we are "not supposed" to show our emotions or tell people what we are truly going through. Such was the case with Jen.

She didn't tell me that she was gowing through hell...a hell I would have surely understood, first hand...so without knowing that, it came across as being ignored. And I don't think anyone in my shoes would have felt any differently after not being posted for three whole months.

You were right, Will (not that I doubted your word), Jen would not have acted like this normally. That's what set off the alarm bells for me. Neglect comes from one of two places; Lack of motivation or from not liking something altogether. Jen had posted my last article, so I could not figure why I was getting the cold shoulder this time.

So, everything I said was true. Jen took my post down after eleven days herself.

And I dispise those of you who read into, twisted or simply didn't listen to what I wrote. You are no friends of mine. But Will and Matt can party at my hasienda anytime!

Case closed. All is well again. And Gnat, you're always going to be, well...a GNAT! Smooch!

#18452 - 03/15/06 10:57 PM Re: Eleven Whole Days...
Keith Klein Offline

He, he, he!!!

GNAT...GNAT...GNAT!

Bzzzzzzzzzzzz! Bzzzzzzzzzzzz! Bzzzzzzzzzzzz!

GNAT!

#18453 - 03/15/06 11:09 PM Re: Eleven Whole Days...
NatGertler Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Klein:
So, everything I said was true. Jen took my post down after eleven days herself.
No, she didn't. It's still there . At most she took down a link to the post.

Quote:
Thanks for the eleven whole days of publicity, Jen. I've got to keep in mind that the comic industry did the same thing to Bill Gaines and "Tales From The Crypt". No publicity (or virtually none), equals no sales.
Let's remember that you said that. Let's remember that someone who gave your work publicity, gave the article "front page" exposure for 11 days, was being treated as if she tried to drive you out of business.

How about publicly apologizing to her?

#18454 - 03/15/06 11:15 PM Re: Eleven Whole Days...
Keith Klein Offline

Take your meds, Gnat, and go to bed.

Bzzzzzzzzzz!

Bye all...it's been fun stirring up your little world for a few days!

#18455 - 03/16/06 12:04 AM Re: Eleven Whole Days...
THE Anti-Hunter Offline

Loc: oceanside,Ca
Damn people say I act like a dick?

I hope I get some Pulse exposure the next time I'm on the rag.

Nat, btw, I owe you a copy of my minicomic, I'm assuming you'll be at wwla this weekend?

My forum: http://p207.ezboard.com/fthebullpen28879frm43

and the art blog: http://j-m-hunter.livejournal.com/

#18456 - 03/16/06 08:58 AM Re: Eleven Whole Days...
NatGertler Offline

I'll be at WizWorld on Saturday (barring unexpected complications, naturally), but just as an attendee. About Comics will not have a booth there this year. As such, I won't be easy to find... but if you see someone walking around in a Comics Jam War t-shirt, the odds are reasonably good it's me.
[img]http://www.comicsjamwar.com/images/tshirt-1.gif[/img]

"nor will I be back here to check for your response." --Keith Klein, several posts ago.

#18457 - 03/16/06 12:06 PM Re: Eleven Whole Days...
Not From Around Here Offline

This has been bizarre. I'm really starting to get the impression that Keith Klein needs to take HIS meds. He is acting like someone with real problems. I feel sorry for him. And even more so for his family.

#18458 - 03/16/06 12:42 PM Re: Eleven Whole Days...
Jennifer M. Contino Offline

Loc: PA
Wow I didn't know about this thread until someone mailed the link to me. But ... just ... wow. Keith in future you shouldn't take private emails and post ANY part of them on public message boards. I know we "resolved" things, but it's in bad taste to take emails and repost any portion of them.

For everyone who offered sympathies about my grandmother - thanks.

I don't think I owe an explanation here, but let's just say from November to the day she died on February 18 - and the few weeks afterwards - we were dealing with losing my grandmother, taking care of the family, taking care of three households, and a bunch of other stuff that left me like two to four hours a day to write - which, honestly, I really didn't feel like doing that much.

But I'm getting back into the swing of things now.

Jen

#18459 - 03/16/06 01:02 PM Re: Eleven Whole Days...
Lisa Renee Jonte Offline

Loc: Yonder
Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Klein:
And, Johanna, I hate to break it to you, Honey, but I did do this just for me...and no one owes me anything. Sorry to disappoint. As far as grudges go? I have a special place in my heart for people who can't read and understand sentences without making up their own endings. Wink. I never blamed a journalist for anything, girly.
Keith, you are shooting yourself in the foot in such a spectacular manner here that it almost pains me to try and stop you, but here goes...

First, this is a small industry, but it is an industry. That is to say, a business. In business, nobody gives a flying fuck how hard it's been for you. We all have our issues, family, kids, poverty... you are nothing unique. Having to work extra hard to make your comics makes you just like the rest of us and does not entitle you to MORE free assistance than you have already received. Jen is not, indeed no one is, required to assist you in any way. Be thankful for the hype you got and move on.

Second, being a dismissive and patronizing ass (see your comments above) to established members of this industry will not earn you any sympathy either. Referring to Johanna as "honey" and "girly" is neither cute nor endearing, it's adolescent and repulsive.

Please, do us all a favor and either go back to actually making comics, or go find yourself another industry.

EDIT: Seems that Keith has removed himself from the discussion and graciously allowed Jen off the hook for not catering to his whims during her difficulties. Mighty generous, that. My statements stand.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley