Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#18470 - 03/17/06 02:25 AM Re: Eleven Whole Days...
Erik Burnham Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gail:

There are a lot of people in this industry who don't care. Jen's not one of those people. I, and hundreds of other creators, owe her a great deal.

Gail
Hear, hear!

#18471 - 03/17/06 03:28 AM Re: Eleven Whole Days...
chuck gibson Offline

What a classless prick this guy is. If I'd had any interest at all in his book at all, his comments here would've surely nipped it in the bud.

I think what pisses me off the most is the sense of ENTITLEMENT that screams forth from this guy's posts. Fuck you, fuck your book and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I'm goddamned glad you won't be publishing any more. We sure as hell don't need any more ASSHOLES in the business--small press or otherwise.

Geezus! And I thought I'D made an ass out of myself online a couple times! This guy's attitude makes me look like mother Theresa!

chuck gibson

#18472 - 03/17/06 06:30 AM Re: Eleven Whole Days...
Thomas Mauer Offline

Quote:
his guy's attitude makes me look like mother Theresa!

chuck gibson [/QB]
Maybe you can challenge Paris Hilton for the role in that biopic. :p wink

#18473 - 03/17/06 11:06 AM Re: Eleven Whole Days...
Jennifer M. Contino Offline

Loc: PA
Thanks for the kind words here and in private, folks.

Jen

#18474 - 03/17/06 11:35 AM Re: Eleven Whole Days...
Lawson Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky.
Quote:
Originally posted by chuck gibson:
Fuck you, fuck your book and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I'm goddamned glad you won't be publishing any more. We sure as hell don't need any more ASSHOLES in the business

chuck gibson
So, Chuck ... are you saying you don't like this guy? I can't quite get a grasp on your sentiment here.

I'm no expert on "the comics press." I don't work in comics, I don't read that many comics anymore and I don't read the comics magazines.

But in my view, The Pulse section of this Web site carries plenty of announcements and promotions for small, indie comics. So many, in fact, that I doubt I've heard of half the comics or creators mentioned there. (And that's fine by me. DC and Marvel have marketing budgets. Not everyone does.)

What's more, Jen C. is relentlessly cheery and supportive of the comics and creators she gives space to on The Pulse.

Maybe more than they deserve sometimes. But that's just me.

Anyway, I'd say 11 days of free publicity for a werewolf comic most of us have never heard of, by some guy we've never heard of, was generous; and according to him, it boosted his sales.

I hope Jen takes his next submission, sets fire to it and returns it C.O.D.

#18475 - 03/17/06 11:52 AM Re: Eleven Whole Days...
Steve Chung Offline

Loc: San Bruno
Quote:
Originally posted by Not From Around Here:
Jen, if you're reading this thread, please accept my condolences for your loss. I hope you have lots of good memories of your grandmother to treasure.
Thirded

#18476 - 03/17/06 01:19 PM Re: Eleven Whole Days...
Elliot Kane Offline

Loc: London, England
I've got to say that while I don't know Jen half as well as many of you here seem to, from the little I do know I have nothing but respect for her.

She always seems to me to be a genuinely nice person - which is very rare wherever you go - and she has always been polite and friendly to me. Far more so than her role at The Pulse requires.

So I guess the point of this is just to say - Jen, carry on carrying on. You're doing just fine as you are smile

#18477 - 03/17/06 01:26 PM Re: Eleven Whole Days...
Tom Stillwell Offline

Geesh, what a prima donna.

I'm sorry for your loss, Jen. And I'm sorry you had to deal with such a butt-chisel.

www.honorbrigadecomic.com

#18478 - 03/17/06 01:50 PM Re: Eleven Whole Days...
Jason Rodriguez Offline

Jen - sorry for your loss as well and sorry you need to even acknowledge guys like this exist.

Keith – I know you claimed you’re not coming back to this thread although I’m pretty sure you’re snickering at everyone posting, thinking that you’re little stunt paid off and people are talking about your book again, the steady orders will start coming back, etc.

No such thing as bad press, right?

Well, in this case, this is bad press. And the whole “nanny-nanny-poo-poo” routine just makes you look, you know, kind of like an idiot. I just wanted to let you know that this thread will likely not result in any more sales of your book. If you do come back and tell me I’m wrong, that people are going to the site and buying the book, I’d like to give you a preemptive, “You’re full of shit.”

#18479 - 03/17/06 01:50 PM Re: Eleven Whole Days...
Synaesthesia Offline

Loc: Voorhees, NJ, USA
Some people say there's no such thing as bad press, but this clearly proves otherwise. Word gets around, and this word isn't nice.

My condolences, Jen, for you, your family, and the fact that you have to put up with this.

Sequential Tart
www.sequentialtart.com

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley