Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#204896 - 12/08/98 07:53 AM Re: Best shows for COMICON.com
Joe Zabel Offline

Loc: Cleveland Heights, OH 44106
Mike Manley done said:

'It is also a must to do the main floor. I feel the "percived value" issue is at hand here. If you are worth anything, your comics any good, then why are you in the back?'

I think he's right, at least as far as the comicon.com.irregulars tour goes. Let's go for it! We'll be 'received' value as opposed to all the 'deceived' value around us!

Has anybody talked about the construction of the area? I think we need some kind of construction, that separates the men from the boys. You need a sign that hovers above people's heads, visible from way far back, readable from 360 degrees (unless we're up against the wall MF, of course.) Character images and the name of the tour. Trilogy Tour did not have this at Mid-Ohio, and first time through the hall I walked right past them without even noticing them.

------------------
Joe Zabel

#204897 - 12/08/98 09:37 AM Re: Best shows for COMICON.com
Bradly E Peterson Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, Tx USA
Joe Zabel brought up a good subject here...

Banners of some sort are good for attracting the traffic, no matter what area you are in. But a "banner" isn't quite what I was thinking of...

A balloon. A word balloon. look above you.
way up there, in the upper left hand corner of your browser, there... There's a perfect thing to have hanging above the booth.

Whether it's a huge mylar balloon or what-have-you, a huge comicon.com tour balloon or perhaps a blimp announcing the location of the booth would be invaluable to the success of the booth.

------------------
Bradly E. Peterson
Psychodrama Press
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"
(Albert Einstein)
http://www.fastlane.net/homepages/drama/
(Albert Einstein)
www.fastlane.net/homepages/drama/

#204898 - 12/08/98 12:23 PM Re: Best shows for COMICON.com
Joe Zabel Offline

Loc: Cleveland Heights, OH 44106
Bradly-- Having a physical balloon is a very intriguing idea. It would allow for quick set-up at the show, and probably easy to carry to the site. Issues are:

1) Is it really going to look that good? We want something clean, almost shining (maybe literally illuminated?) In reality a balloon might look like some kind of circus side-show.

2) How do we get a balloon like that, with the right logo painted on it?

3) What kind of air-compression stuff would we need to inflate it?

4) Balloons slowly deflate. How do we keep it firm and bouncy looking?

5) What happens if it bursts?!?

6) Is the convention gonna allow us to bring something like that in? Is it a fire hazard?

------------------
Joe Zabel

#204899 - 12/08/98 02:36 PM Re: Best shows for COMICON.com
Tak Toyoshima Offline

Loc: Boston,MA USA
Balloons are good. I know someone who does vynil signs (banners). I'll ask if they know anyone that does balloons. Do convention promoters allow things like stickers in the shape of feet or shoes leading to your table? It's corny but damn does it work.

------------------
TAK

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley