Topic Options
#207675 - 03/20/00 08:49 PM Does your store carry Avatar Press books?
Anonymous
Unregistered

One of the many facets of the article I'm working on regarding the difficulties between Avatar Press and some creators who have worked for them includes stores who have taken the side of the creators by boycotting the publisher.

If your store is doing so, I'd like a chance to talk to you about your decision and opinions.

Thanks already to Jack for your participation. Anybody else out there?

------------------
"The worst thing I can imagine is to be forgotten when I'm dead."
--- some dead guy

Howard Price
Staff Writer
TheComicStore.com

#207676 - 03/21/00 03:12 PM Re: Does your store carry Avatar Press books?
Jim Hanley Offline

Loc: NYC
I'd be more comfortable answering questions like this if you were employed by a non-partial news venue, rather than a company with the avowed goal of opening stores in direct competition with existing successful stores.

#207677 - 03/22/00 01:06 PM Re: Does your store carry Avatar Press books?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I understand your reluctance, Jim; however, just because TheComicStore.com's primary holder is a retailer doesn't mean our news can't be impartial.

My interest in determining the depth of this possible boycott is in the interests of furthering my story; I'm not trying to spy. [img]http://207.69.158.95/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

------------------
"The worst thing I can imagine is to be forgotten when I'm dead."
--- some dead guy

Howard Price
Staff Writer
TheComicStore.com

#207678 - 03/22/00 06:21 PM Re: Does your store carry Avatar Press books?
Jim Hanley Offline

Loc: NYC
Howard:

I had no intention to impugn your integrity. But Ross's stated goals make it impossible for those who are aware of them to cooperate with his company.

#207679 - 03/29/00 03:53 AM Re: Does your store carry Avatar Press books?
Anonymous
Unregistered

What is this about? Who is "Ross" and what is his avowed "intention"??

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley