Topic Options
#211531 - 11/13/04 05:18 PM Terminology
Christian R. Offline

Loc: Dallas, TX
I'm not sure if this has been covered, and it seems so very basic, but I've been doing business research for a few months, and noticed a term used a few times, but never explained.

Could someone explain what 'mature sales' means in relation to a comic store? I read a short blurb in an article at comtrac.net, which said that most comic shops reach mature sales in 3-5 years, and another that said "As a rule of thumb, a comics shop generates 40-55% of its eventual mature sales volume in its first year of operation."

I could probably extrapolate and try to find a limited definition, but if someone were willing to take the time to describe what this entails, or perhaps link me to a resource that explains the concept?

Thank you,
Christian.

#211532 - 11/13/04 05:48 PM Re: Terminology
NatGertler Offline

"Mature sales" refers to the level of sales reached when the store is no longer being newly discovered by those in the area, when the customer base out there knows what you have and where to go. It doesn't mean that no more sales growth is possible, but you no longer have the growth vectors from being a young store, such as the locals discovering your existence or your learning what basic product mix works locally.

#211533 - 11/15/04 04:08 PM Re: Terminology
Christian R. Offline

Loc: Dallas, TX
I meant to say it earlier, but thank you for the explanation. I appreciate it a good deal.

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley