Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#212285 - 03/02/00 08:30 PM Re: Some Lieber pitch pages.
Steve Lieber Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Tony:

I didn't have to do any dedicated research for the western pages. I've been accumulating general reference on the subject for years, so all I had to do was rotate my chair 90% to the right and pull books from the shelf.

I hope your efforts at the Chicago con got your book off to a good start. You single-handedly gave dozens of attendees their money's worth in attending the show, and worked your table about as hard as anyone possibly could.

Steve Lieber

------------------
http://www.unrewarding.com/steve The acclaimed graphic novel WHITEOUT, my life-drawing gallery and more.

#212286 - 03/09/00 01:06 PM Re: Some Lieber pitch pages.
Scott Mills Offline

Loc: Albuquerque, NM
Wow, the pages look fantastic, Steve...I hate you! Just kidding.

You draw womens' faces so well, I'm jealous. Oh, and the architecture looks great, as well. I'm working on my new book for Top Shelf, it takes place in WWI (yes, one) Europe, and the trickiest part is the architecture. It's so much more important than people think.

------------------

Scott

#212287 - 03/10/00 12:41 PM Re: Some Lieber pitch pages.
Steve Lieber Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Your reaction makes sense, Scott. I just took a look at the pages again, and now I hate myself.

Re: architecture. Yeah. Making appropriate and expressive use of the built environment is of vital importance in almost any sort of storytelling. There are a stories which can be effectively set in pristine nature or some stylized, symbolic stage set, but most human interaction takes place in an environment of our own making, and that envionment influences the content, the mood and the meaning of these interactions.

------------------
http://www.unrewarding.com/steve The acclaimed graphic novel WHITEOUT, my life-drawing gallery and more.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley