Topic Options
#213690 - 03/14/00 08:54 AM WANTED: Avatar Information
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm currently investigating troubles certain creators have had with Avatar Press.

I'm aware of a few creators who've had difficulties with Avatar, and was wondering if the crowd here at Comicon might know of even more. If you don't want to go on the record in a thread, consider e-mailing your response.

Thanks.

------------------
"The worst thing I can imagine is to be forgotten when I'm dead."
--- some dead guy

Howard Price
Staff Writer
TheComicStore.com

#213691 - 03/16/00 08:39 AM Re: WANTED: Avatar Information
Don Markstein Offline

Loc: Earth
Several weeks ago, I mentioned that I was working on an article on the Avatar situation for thecomicstore.com . My current work situation has made it impossible to get very far with it, especially if I'm to do it justice (which a story like this really deserves).

Fortunately, Howard had the same idea, and is coming at the same story, for the same outlet, from a different direction; so it will be done right. I've sent him my source material and notified my contacts that he's on it now.

Howard knows a couple more people who've been screwed by Avatar than I do -- all silenced by threat of lawsuit, as the publisher's M.O. goes -- so I'm expecting a top-notch expose. Apparently, the creep is even sleazier than we thought.

Quack, Don

------------------
A recipe for Fried Cheerios
An essay on Urban Hunting
And more!

#213692 - 03/16/00 12:33 PM Re: WANTED: Avatar Information
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, that doesn't add any further pressure. [img]http://207.69.158.95/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

One of my interviewees promises me some good news is forthcoming... can't wait to hear what it is.

------------------
"The worst thing I can imagine is to be forgotten when I'm dead."
--- some dead guy

Howard Price
Staff Writer
TheComicStore.com

#213693 - 03/20/00 09:54 AM Re: WANTED: Avatar Information
Cory Fuka Offline

Loc: Wisconson
The worst thing I can imagine is to be forgotten when I'm dead."
--- some dead guy

Don't worry I'll forget about you