Topic Options
#243503 - 01/02/02 03:10 PM NEW ONLINE HORROR COMIC
Noeland1 Offline

Loc: tampa, florida, usa baby
www.creature-corner.com has posted my newest comic book, WINTER online. Winter is a story about zombies. Good clean zombie ultra-violence for your new year.

The last few pages will be up tonight.

ENJOY!!!!

Noeland
www.strumhais.com/noeland

#243504 - 01/04/02 10:42 PM Re: NEW ONLINE HORROR COMIC
Joe Zabel Offline

Loc: Cleveland Heights, OH 44106
A very well drawn comic, Noeland! I can't say I thought much of the story, I'm afraid-- it just seemed to be an endless sword-swinging decapitatin' session, IMHO.

As a webcomic, I noticed that it just had a page-forward function, and no way to go to a particular page; for that matter, you couldn't tell how long the story was when you started it. In think page 16 was the last that loaded for me, but no indication if it was 'the end.' I think readers generally expect more flexibility in the navigation, and they want to know how long until the end.

I think your next comic should be about fluffy bunny rabbits and squirrels...

Just kidding! [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

#243505 - 01/08/02 03:45 PM Re: NEW ONLINE HORROR COMIC
Noeland1 Offline

Loc: tampa, florida, usa baby
Joe,
Well, if you ended on page 16, yes, it's in the middle of chop socky. If you read through the entire 24 pages, you get the whole picture, and understand what's being setup. This isn't an open ended story, but it's not closed either. [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img] This is a story for fans of horror, such as Evil Dead, and Dead Alive, Cemtetary Man, stuff like that. Fun, Gory zombie films.
The second chapter will be up in a few months. That story is geared toward fans of stuff like An American Werewolf in London.

NJC--------

#243506 - 01/08/02 04:19 PM Re: NEW ONLINE HORROR COMIC
Patrick Schaefer Offline

This post is directed at Joe (sorry for interrupting the zombie pitch, which I agree is a well-illustrated comic)...

Joe, I notice that you are very responsive to checking out and reviewing webcomics. I sometimes disagree with your remarks but they always come off as fair and honest.

Have you considered starting a single thread where you could post a different webcomic review every day or two? Then I could just always go right to that thread instead of poking around.

I'd actually be interested in having a regular webcomic reviewer on my own forum. We had a guy called The Phantom Critic who started doing reviews but he hasn't been around in a while.

------------------
Patrick Schaefer
http://www.masterzdm.com

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley