Page 55 of 57 < 1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 >
Topic Options
#25043 - 03/15/07 09:20 AM Re: BYRNE: "I wish Watchmen had never been written"
Alex A Buchet Offline

Boy...when it comes to vicious trolling and insults, you guys make us 'snipes in the Gutters look like wimps!

I wonder if you realise how good you make Paul look by contrast?

#25044 - 03/15/07 09:37 AM Re: BYRNE: "I wish Watchmen had never been written"
geedis Offline

Loc: AZ
Why doesn't Byrne just make his own titles and sell them on the internet? He's got a whole message board full of customers ready to buy.

Distribution through UPS. Surely some of the neighborhood kids will help pack the orders.

#25045 - 03/15/07 09:40 AM Re: BYRNE: "I wish Watchmen had never been written"
Joe Lee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex A Buchet:
Boy...when it comes to vicious trolling and insults, you guys make us 'snipes in the Gutters look like wimps!

Hey everybody! Alex A Buchet noticed us! And he talked right to us...

I could just die.

I'm never washing this mouse again...

#25046 - 03/15/07 10:00 AM Re: BYRNE: "I wish Watchmen had never been written"
Joe Lee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by geedis:
Why doesn't Byrne just make his own titles and sell them on the internet? He's got a whole message board full of customers ready to buy.

Distribution through UPS. Surely some of the neighborhood kids will help pack the orders.
There are lots of small book publishers that would love to work with him on this, all he would have to do is provide the content, and there are a lot of options, where you take a little risk but retain all control but get the benefits of having a company do all the annoying stuff for you. Manufacturing, distribution, all the paperwork, upc, library of congress info etc...

Hell, I work for one.

#25047 - 03/15/07 10:09 AM Re: BYRNE: "I wish Watchmen had never been written"
Paul W. Sondersted, Jr. Offline

Loc: Sparks, Nevada, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Lee:
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.:
"hilarious riduculing" it may have been, but trying to make it out what you posted as something that was not intended to be anything but animosity is laughable at best.

And what were the names that I supposedly called you after your derogatory posting activity? I must have struck several nerves. What a bully I am.
I'm so proud of you. Admitting you have a problem, is the first step towards the healing.
It's easy when you're surrounded by such heartfelt warmth & caring. {sniff}.

#25048 - 03/15/07 10:15 AM Re: BYRNE: "I wish Watchmen had never been written"
Joe Lee Offline

Hey Paul, what are the odds JB would want to publish a graphic novel directly through a book publisher and not a comics company. He wouldn't have any of the baggage, and he wouldn't be going through any of the self-publishing crap he seems reluctant to deal with. Plus not having to deal with the vendor issues he seems concerned about either...

#25049 - 03/15/07 10:31 AM Re: BYRNE: "I wish Watchmen had never been written"
geedis Offline

Loc: AZ
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by geedis:

There are lots of small book publishers that would love to work with him on this, all he would have to do is provide the content, and there are a lot of options, where you take a little risk but retain all control but get the benefits of having a company do all the annoying stuff for you. Manufacturing, distribution, all the paperwork, upc, library of congress info etc...

Hell, I work for one.
Okay, so has JB given any reasons for not doing so? Are we maybe missing something here?

#25050 - 03/15/07 02:09 PM Re: BYRNE: "I wish Watchmen had never been written"
Sparvid Offline

Loc: Sweden
Quote:
Originally posted by jwyatt:
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.:
Let's just say I'm skeptical, yet hopeful that someday this could happen. If it does, great! I just don't see it happening anytime soon. I'd sure like to be proven wrong. =)
This is where Byrne should put his money where is mouth is. He seems to 'know' how to comics right and what is 'wrong' with distribution, but he does nothing about it. He'd rather sit on his ass and complain.
Just like Alan Moore.

No wait, I confused "sitting on his ass and complaining" with "creating his own line of the kind of comics he feels are missing from the shelves today and publishing them".

#25051 - 03/15/07 03:08 PM Re: BYRNE: "I wish Watchmen had never been written"
Alex A Buchet Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex A Buchet:

Hey everybody! Alex A Buchet noticed us! And he talked right to us...

I could just die.

I'm never washing this mouse again...
As well you shouldn't.

Frankly, re-reading this thread is a pretty depressing experience. There's a vicious little virtual lynch-mob out to get Paul; and the latter, whatever his faults, does try to keep the thread on-topic, does try to bring back civility.

I'm typing the above even though my own opinions are pretty much 360 degrees opposed to Paul's.

Seriously, you guys should be ashamed of your conduct here. And if you AREN'T ashamed...the Gutters welcome you with open arms (and pungent underarms).

P.S. to Joe:
Don't try to troll a Guttersnipe, son. You'll just get hurt.

A friendly word to the wise...

#25052 - 03/15/07 03:19 PM Re: BYRNE: "I wish Watchmen had never been written"
Alias Offline

Loc: Las Vegas Nevada USA
There is nothing civil about Paul's name calling and unsubstantiated, insulting assumptions broadcast on The Paul Show. There is no such thing as a discussion, civil or otherwise, in The Paul Show. Maybe I should have requested those lyrics in the gutters.

Page 55 of 57 < 1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley