#25053 - 03/15/07 03:33 PM Re: BYRNE: "I wish Watchmen had never been written"
Joe Lee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex A Buchet:
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Lee:
Quote:
Boy...when it comes to vicious trolling and insults, you guys make us 'snipes in the Gutters look like wimps!

I wonder if you realise how good you make Paul look by contrast?
Hey everybody! Alex A Buchet noticed us! And he talked right to us...

I could just die.

I'm never washing this mouse again...
As well you shouldn't.

Frankly, re-reading this thread is a pretty depressing experience. There's a vicious little virtual lynch-mob out to get Paul; and the latter, whatever his faults, does try to keep the thread on-topic, does try to bring back civility.

I'm typing the above even though my own opinions are pretty much 360 degrees opposed to Paul's.

Seriously, you guys should be ashamed of your conduct here. And if you AREN'T ashamed...the Gutters welcome you with open arms (and pungent underarms).

P.S. to Joe:
Don't try to troll a Guttersnipe, son. You'll just get hurt.

A friendly word to the wise...
Oh I'm sorry. You swagger in here, pass judgement on everyone and I'm not treating you with the proper reverence?

If you've read this whole thread, have chosen sides and decided to pass judgement on some/all or most of us, with the opinion that Paul is a victim (a dubious opinion at best), then get your panties in a bunch because I find you hilarious, then please do your worst, "hurt" me, type mean things at me.

I think I'll live.

But just out of curiousity, even if your holier-than-thou assesment is worth any more than any one of ours, (Paul's included), what exactly is he a victim of? He took part in a conversation, online, anyone was free to participate in or not. Including yourself. And Paul seems perfectly able to defend himself.Sure there was the occasional tangent, including the one you just started with idle threats, but those sometimes happen.

Why not work toward a more positive outcome, not toss around useless credentials, threatening to hurt people.

And why are you wasting your time re-reading a long thread you don't seem to be enjoying.

#25054 - 03/15/07 03:49 PM Re: BYRNE: "I wish Watchmen had never been written"
Alex A Buchet Offline

"Threatening to hurt people"? Please, the drama queen pose is SO last century.

You are definitely NOT working towards a "positive outcome". In fact, you seem outraged that an outsider crash your little club. Tsk, tsk. Please observe the beam in your eye before you critique the mote in mine.

Me not enjoying this thread? But I am, in a sick watch-the-slow-motion-traffic-accident way...

Why is the quality of discourse so low on Comicon...and, indeed, why is its quantity so sparse?

#25055 - 03/15/07 03:56 PM Re: BYRNE: "I wish Watchmen had never been written"
Alan Coil Offline

Loc: Southeast Michigan
360 degrees makes a full circle.

You have just stated that you agree with everything PW said.

#25056 - 03/15/07 04:09 PM Re: BYRNE: "I wish Watchmen had never been written"
Joe Lee Offline

Quote:
"Threatening to hurt people"? Please, the drama queen pose is SO last century.
Nice, so when you said "P.S. to Joe: Don't try to troll a Guttersnipe, son. You'll just get hurt.
A friendly word to the wise..."
you realized how ridiculous you sounded making a threat on a message board?

You are definitely NOT working towards a "positive outcome". In fact, you seem outraged that an outsider crash your little club. Tsk, tsk. Please observe the beam in your eye before you critique the mote in mine.

You sound like Paul. Assuming your words have whatever effect you want.

Actually don't really care what you do, and you obviously haven't read the whole thread if you think it's nothing but trolling, a lot of people posted some pretty sincere stuff as well, myself included. My only real issues with Paul is his reluctance to base his opinions on anything even remotely fact based, his casual dismissal of everyone else's opinions as hate-filled detractor's internet psychology and his annoying dissecting of sentence fragments.

Me not enjoying this thread? But I am, in a sick watch-the-slow-motion-traffic-accident way...

Then fine what's the problem?

Why is the quality of discourse so low on Comicon...and, indeed, why is its quantity so sparse?

So make some quality discourse then, all I see you doing is complaining about other people. Show us how it's supposed to be, set a good example,, after all, you are a great and powerful gutterwipe. Show us the way...

#25057 - 03/15/07 04:23 PM Re: BYRNE: "I wish Watchmen had never been written"
Joe Lee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Coil:

Dude, I was totally not following you. I finally got that. Good catch!!!!!

#25058 - 03/15/07 04:47 PM Re: BYRNE: "I wish Watchmen had never been written"
Joe Lee Offline

Quote:
In fact, you seem outraged that an outsider crash your little club. Tsk, tsk. Please observe the beam in your eye before you critique the mote in mine.
Actually it was your sweeping generalization and your holier-than-thou judgements. There is no "crashing" perceived or otherwise.

It's interesting that you would envision I or anyone, would think this a private club. And you felt I would think you crashing especially, when you seem to feel pretty proprietary yourself, what with the "Don't try to troll a Guttersnipe, son. You'll just get hurt. A friendly word to the wise..."

It's obvious you haven't read the whole thread, at least not with an open mind. From what I remember, any sarcasm or ridicule aside, the conversation betrays a great passion for comics by all (or at least most) involved.

Now I haven't re-read the thread, where do you stand on the issues we were discussing? Do you know the issues that have been discussed?

#25059 - 03/15/07 05:07 PM Re: BYRNE: "I wish Watchmen had never been written"
Alias Offline

Loc: Las Vegas Nevada USA
The Paul Show is nowhere near as interesting as a slow-motion car crash.

#25060 - 03/16/07 03:45 AM Re: BYRNE: "I wish Watchmen had never been written"
Paul W. Sondersted, Jr. Offline

Loc: Sparks, Nevada, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Lee:
Hey Paul, what are the odds JB would want to publish a graphic novel directly through a book publisher and not a comics company. He wouldn't have any of the baggage, and he wouldn't be going through any of the self-publishing crap he seems reluctant to deal with. Plus not having to deal with the vendor issues he seems concerned about either...
I think JB is making a HUGE mistake limiting his options. I think he's burying his head in the sand, so to speak.
I certainly don't expect him to work for Marvel until Joe Quesada is gone, but he's been offered options elsewhere...Erik Larsen, for one, was willing to publish JB's Next Men (IIRC), so I'm sure there are others willing to welcome JB with open arms.
Why JB is procrastinating? Dunno.

#25061 - 03/16/07 03:56 AM Re: BYRNE: "I wish Watchmen had never been written"
Paul W. Sondersted, Jr. Offline

Loc: Sparks, Nevada, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Coil:

Maybe his head was spinning! :p

#25062 - 03/16/07 08:20 AM Re: BYRNE: "I wish Watchmen had never been written"
Joe Lee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.:
I think JB is making a HUGE mistake limiting his options. I think he's burying his head in the sand, so to speak.
I certainly don't expect him to work for Marvel until Joe Quesada is gone, but he's been offered options elsewhere...Erik Larsen, for one, was willing to publish JB's Next Men (IIRC), so I'm sure there are others willing to welcome JB with open arms.
Why JB is procrastinating? Dunno.
Maybe if we could get him to test the waters somehow, like with a sketchbook or something. That way he could try out a publisher with limited risk, limited upfront time. See if the whole experience is acceptable.

Maybe a book full of commissions done in the last few years, there have been quite a lot of them, though I would think a more general sketch book with some text commentary from JB would sell a bit better. Maybe wth a little extra work and some of his existing material, it could be something along the lines "How To Draw Comics the John Byrne Way" now that would be a great start.

Page 56 of 57 < 1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley