Topic Options
#245274 - 04/22/02 03:34 AM "Doodleflak" by Daniel Merlin Goodbrey
Scott McCloud Offline

Daniel Merlin Goodbrey has been making increasingly interesting comics at his site E-Merl.com for a while now.

His latest, "Doodleflak" is a departure from D.M.G.'s usual semi-photo style, but it's really cool nonetheless, and I encourage everyone to check it out.

(You'll need Flash 5 for this one, but don't worry, this is no animated "webisode", just pure comics from beginning to end.)

#245275 - 04/22/02 10:52 AM Re: "Doodleflak" by Daniel Merlin Goodbrey
Max Leibman Offline

Loc: Omaha, NE, USA
Zooming, scrolling silliness all around. And a Ninja most Fucked in the Head.

Wow. I always like Merlin's stuff, but that was particularly fun. I especially appreciated how elegant and intuitive the navigation was -- DMG's inventiveness has always impressed, but his sense of practical design seems to be improving by leaps and bounds (not that it was ever lacking, mind you).

The one criticism I would raise is the quality of the sound (I did click it on pretty early and left it going while I explored), but that may have been deliberate (either for effect or to conserve bandwidth). All in all, a very cool construct.

Max Leibman
comicmetaphysic@yahoo.com

"You've seen the end of the story, but maybe it's time to find a more logical starting point -- such as the aptly-named Beginning"
-Monty, from Desiderata

#245276 - 04/22/02 08:34 PM Re: "Doodleflak" by Daniel Merlin Goodbrey
Adam Offline

It's also really funny. For those of you who may be more... practically minded.

--
No Outlet

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley