Topic Options
#255095 - 03/15/02 03:13 PM Any other NCAA basketball fans here?
Jason Arnett Offline

Loc: Lawrence, KS USA
Whotta crazy tournament! Anyone else here watching? Who'd ya pick?

Duke, UConn, Oklahoma and Kansas with KU winning it all. Despite the Holy Cross thing last night! Whew!

Best,

Jason

#255096 - 03/15/02 05:21 PM Re: Any other NCAA basketball fans here?
Memphis Bleek Offline

Loc: Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Final Four: Duke, Maryland, Oklahoma, and Oregon with Maryland winning the National Championship.
The Memphis Tigers will win the NIT. I love March Madness. Who would have ever thought that Holy Cross would be competitive match up with Kansas.

#255097 - 03/15/02 08:06 PM Re: Any other NCAA basketball fans here?
Eric Offline

I'm just pissed that Ohio State shares the Big Ten title, wins the Big Ten tournament, yet has to travel 1500 miles to play. So much for trying to keep teams close to home. On top of that, they played the last game of any team in the nation (ended 1/2 hour before the brackets were announced), yet they have to play a one o'clock game on the first day of the tournament (as a four seed). Seems like a pretty shitty reward for winning the Big Ten.

And how the hell can the selection committee justify cramming so many great teams into one bracket. Cincinnatti, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arizona, UCLA, Ohio State, and Miami? Missouri may be the greatest 12 seed in the history of the tournament. Ultimately, the team that comes out of the west will have accomplished far more than any other team in the tournament.

Ya gotta love march madness. smile

#255098 - 03/17/02 08:30 AM Re: Any other NCAA basketball fans here?
Jason Arnett Offline

Loc: Lawrence, KS USA
Only the kids at Holy Cross thought they'd be competitive. Waitaminit! Notre Dame gave Duke a run for THEIR money yesterday, too. And Tulsa took Kentucky head on. If it weren't for Tayshaun Prince, Kentucky is sitting at home this morning. 41 points! Sheesh.

And how about Oregon? Even though they're a 2 seed, they still got no respect. Missouri? They shouldn't've gotten this far, either.

It's madness, I tell you! Madness!

#255099 - 03/17/02 01:44 PM Re: Any other NCAA basketball fans here?
Memphis Bleek Offline

Loc: Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Oregon got my respect that why I pick them to go to the Final Four.

#255100 - 03/17/02 05:50 PM Re: Any other NCAA basketball fans here?
Eric Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason Arnett:
Missouri? They shouldn't've gotten this far, either.

It's madness, I tell you! Madness!

My prediction--Missouri wins it all. (And not just because they beat Ohio State.) Like UCLA (another underachiever in conference play), they have the talent to match up with Duke and Maryland.

#255101 - 03/17/02 05:57 PM Re: Any other NCAA basketball fans here?
Eric Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Memphis Bleek:
Who would have ever thought that Holy Cross would be competitive match up with Kansas.

Who would have ever thought Ball State would beat Kansas and UCLA on consecutive nights, and then play point-for point with Duke for three and a half quarters in the preseason NIT? Any team can win on any given night.

#255102 - 03/21/02 12:56 PM Re: Any other NCAA basketball fans here?
S.D. Moose Offline

Loc: Carmi, IL, USA
Go Salukis!!!

They play WHO next? eek

http://www.digitalwebbing.net/comics/

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley