Topic Options
#273694 - 01/08/02 08:07 PM Inhumans Marvel Knights TPB
The Dude Abides Offline

Loc: Miami, Fl USA
I'm new here so I'm not totally sure if this subject has been covered in the past, but what does everyone think of this trade? I never had the chance to read the original series, but I got this trade on a whim. I'm on the 3rd issue and so far I'm pretty satisfied.

Any thoughts?

------------------
"The Dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that."--The Stranger

#273695 - 01/12/02 11:15 AM Re: Inhumans Marvel Knights TPB
opickles Offline

It was not great and it was not bad, I didn't like the deviations from the story that Jenkins took, like the issue telling the backstory of the fish inhuman(it's been a while since I read it).
I didn't give a damn about Black Bolt, beacause he didn't seem to give a damn, he was like a robot. I don't mind hating a main character of a book, but with Black Bolt i just didn't care.
Medusa makes a major sacrifice and Black Bolt just didn't seem care. Paul Jenkins builds up tension with the Medusa storyline and the pulls the rug away at the end saying it was all part of the plan. I hated that.

#273696 - 01/13/02 12:27 AM Re: Inhumans Marvel Knights TPB
SwiftMann Offline

Loc: Baltimore, Maryland
I didn't read it as a trade since I bought all the issues but I have reread the series a couple of times. I really enjoyed the story and loved Jae Lee's art. As for the deviations that opikles didn't like I thought they made the characters more human and therefore easier to relate to. And of course Black Bolt cares.

I loved this story so keep on readingand enjoy.

-Dan

#273697 - 01/15/02 12:46 AM Re: Inhumans Marvel Knights TPB
steel: A Long Departed Hero Offline

Loc: The MBA (Mysterious Blue Area)...
It was good as a series and would probably read better as a trade. I especially liked the issue with Lockjaw on the cover.

#273698 - 01/16/02 09:02 PM Re: Inhumans Marvel Knights TPB
Glen Offline

Best work of Jae Lee's career. Great looking trade, Lee's sketches in the back are a plus. I did the art however was superior to the story. Just felt the plot was a little trite & typical. But definitely a worth while buy.

#273699 - 01/23/02 09:38 PM Re: Inhumans Marvel Knights TPB
The Dude Offline

Loc: Anahein, Ca. U.S.A.
Mr. Abides,

first off...love the name.

I loved the Inhumans mini-series. The art was beautiful. Even though I thought that the whole series was great I thought that the 2nd issue really stood out.

"Mind if I do a J?"- The Dude

#273700 - 01/24/02 12:44 AM Re: Inhumans Marvel Knights TPB
The Dude Abides Offline

Loc: Miami, Fl USA
Quote:
Originally posted by The Dude:
Mr. Abides,

first off...love the name.

I loved the Inhumans mini-series. The art was beautiful. Even though I thought that the whole series was great I thought that the 2nd issue really stood out.

"Mind if I do a J?"- The Dude

"That's like... your opinion, man"

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley