Topic Options
#273817 - 02/10/02 01:06 PM Colonia
mchl23 Offline

Loc: New Britain, CT USA
I just want to recomend people pick up the Colonia trade which came out last week. I really enjoyed this. It is a wonderfully charming tale mixing interesting characters with an engaging story idea and a curious mix of folklore. Anyone who enjoys such things as TinTin, Castle Waiting, or Leave It to Chance should check this collection out. I believe only one issue of the series #6 (which starts a new story arc) is not collected. Jeff Nicholson deserves much more attention for this series than he has gotten. I am leanding this to a colleague of mine to read to his 2 young daughters over our upcoming February vacation. Do yourselves a favor if you like to have pleasurable reading experiences, pick this book up.
-Michael R. Proteau
Social Studioes Dept
East Catholic HS
Manchester, CT
alexandriaproj@hotmail.com

#273818 - 02/10/02 04:57 PM Re: Colonia
billcunningham Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Yeah, let me second that. A almost-but-didn't pick up the individual issues of this as they came out... one of those things that looked intreaguing, but maybe not, so I passed. But I kept hearing random good things about it, and then I saw that AIT/Planet Lar was putting out a trade, so I figured I'll just pick up the trade.

Glad I did! I read it this weekend and it was lots of fun. Won me as a reader, I'll be picking up the issues from now on.

The art looks simplistic, but the story is not! Plus it's funny, not in a slap-sticky way, but in a kind of pervaded-with-good-humor way.

The scene where Jack and his Uncles try to figure out what to do with a golden egg is a classic!

Shikata Ga Nai

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley