Topic Options
#274486 - 07/21/02 08:34 PM Essential Savage Sword of Conan ?
Quasar Offline

Are we likely to see an Essential edition of Savage Sword of Conan?

#274487 - 07/21/02 08:45 PM Re: Essential Savage Sword of Conan ?
Don Simpson Offline

Loc: Wexford, PA USA
I thought the license to Conan was bought up by Stan Lee.net, and where it's at now is anyone's guess. If that's the case, I don't suppose it's likely Marvel has the right to reprint and of its Conan material, unless the buy back the license. I wonder if Conan would be considered a hot property these days...

#274488 - 07/21/02 08:49 PM Re: Essential Savage Sword of Conan ?
Quasar Offline

Yeah, I wasnt sure if Stan Lee or Stan Lee.net had held the rights. I did think, given Stan's relationship with Marvel there might be a chance of some agreement being made.

As for the licenses 'hotness', well I'm guessing if it isnt now it will be once the King Conan film turns up (asumming it actually happens - I hope so).

#274489 - 07/21/02 11:18 PM Re: Essential Savage Sword of Conan ?
The OC Offline

Stan Lee Media bought Conan Properties (as opposed to leasing the character), but the deal was dependent on SLM stock retaining a certain dollar value and I'm pretty sure that didn't happen.

SLM isn't why we probably won't see anymore Conan Essentials -- Marvel's license to the character was a "use or lose" deal. Marvel had to use the trademark X times in Y months in order to retain the rights, and they didn't. That's how they lost King Kull and Red Sonja, earlier.

"You have [my] contempt." -- Alan Light to disappointed TBG subscriber.

#274490 - 07/22/02 12:34 PM Re: Essential Savage Sword of Conan ?
BANE Offline

Loc: Atlanta,GA
What I want to know is, why didn't the Essential Tomb of Dracula didn't come out last week?

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley