Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#275787 - 06/10/03 09:22 AM Re: 20 bucks: What should I get?
Dan Carroll Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Man... I was just kidding before, but you really do limit your interests, don't you? wink

#275788 - 06/10/03 07:54 PM Re: 20 bucks: What should I get?
Oswald Carver Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BANE:

Ow...Those hurt. I guess every woman would want a guy like me...I will never make them do that...Maybe it's just me but I don't like teeth and an attitude anywhere near down there...

Brother, if you're saying to yourself "those hurt" after experiencing a blowjob, then I assure you that someone did something horribly wrong -- consult the owner's manual if necessary.

And no man should ever "make" a woman do anything sexual, whether he enjoys the action or not.

#275789 - 06/11/03 10:10 PM Re: 20 bucks: What should I get?
one_eye_smiley Offline

Loc: Citrus Heights, CA
Two thoughts and replies. To Bane- fair enough. I don't know enough about mainstream Marvel to recommend much. But my elder brothers, who have a taste for the silver age(they were born at its middle and tail ends), turned me on to those wonderful essentials. Kirby, Lee, Ditko, Romita and more- pure bliss ^o^ . Most all silver age marvel essentials not owned by anyone on the board are worth a read. Printed on cheap newsprint, incredibly thick, and $20 <= .
To "kidjesus" -
Hey, thanks for turning a graphic novel discussion into a discourse on the relative properties of oral sex. Really what I wanted to see. *grumble* No personal offense intended, just keep it in the gutters next time if possible ^^; .
Ok, bye.

-------------------------------------------------
"Faster! Faster! The overlord would sup!" - Silver Surfer #4

#275790 - 06/12/03 09:28 AM Re: 20 bucks: What should I get?
BANE Offline

Loc: Atlanta,GA
Oh, One-eyed smiley...

I consider the Essentials Mainstream Marvel. I have them all and am almost done reading them all!

#275791 - 06/12/03 04:58 PM Re: 20 bucks: What should I get?
Oswald Carver Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by one_eye_smiley:

To "kidjesus" -
Hey, thanks for turning a graphic novel discussion into a discourse on the relative properties of oral sex. Really what I wanted to see. *grumble* No personal offense intended, just keep it in the gutters next time if possible ^^; .

Kiss my grits, one-eye. I replied with what was obviously a one-off joke ($20? Get a blowjob. Har har!), BANE responded by saying "they hurt," "teeth and agression," and "won't make women do it," so, on behalf of reasonable people everywhere, I had no choice but to re-enter the thread to clean up some gross misperceptions about France's greatest contribution to human existence.

And the Gutters don't exist for morally questionable thread posts -- they exist for threads that fall outside the realm of comics. And in all the time I've been using the board, no system administrator has ever asked me to "take it to the gutters" over my potty mouth -- which means you probably shouldn't, either.

Though I did find it amusing that someone with the screen name of one-eye-smiley felt the need to put my nic in quotation marks, presumably to indicate that he wasn't fooled by the obviously fake name...

#275792 - 06/14/03 08:17 AM Re: 20 bucks: What should I get?
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
Isnt "one eye smiley" a nickname for the male genitalia?

#275793 - 07/07/03 04:45 PM Re: 20 bucks: What should I get?
Thisguyhere Offline

Loc: Scotland
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Carroll:
Yeah, I hear where you're coming from. I only watch action movies, and at that, only Arnold Schwarzeneggar movies. In fact, only the Terminator movies and Predator. I tried watching "Kindergarten Cop" and "Running Man" once, but I didn't enjoy them. So I really don't think I would enjoy comedies or sci-fi.

I find it's best to limit myself. If you spread your interests around, they wear thin.

Best Post Ever. Actully. I'm sick of all the keys on my keyboard. I like this one: l, oh yeah!lllllllllllllllllll l l l llll l
That's the stuff.

#275794 - 07/07/03 08:49 PM Re: 20 bucks: What should I get?
musclebound Offline

If you only have 20 bucks, and want a nice escape? Get the trade of Astro City:Confession. Great read. Classic straight up superhero stuff. What you think I could have said Watchmen?? Too obvious by far Batboob--- wink

#275795 - 08/15/03 01:10 PM Re: 20 bucks: What should I get?
steel: A Long Departed Hero Offline

Loc: The MBA (Mysterious Blue Area)...
read it. I might get the new Human Target gn, maybe.

#275796 - 08/16/03 01:52 PM Re: 20 bucks: What should I get?
Matthewwave Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
BANE,

I'll make it brief: you've definitely got someone doing something wrong. Blame the messenger, not the message, in this case.

Now, to answer steel's question...

Sweaterweather, by Sara Varon, and a fish taco.

Matthew

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley