Topic Options
#277493 - 08/24/06 02:18 PM 1941 the illustrated story
Lucas el anteojudo Offline

this is a graphic novel from heavy metal,that is adapted by allan asherman,but the most important thing is that rick veitch and steve bissette are the are artists..

-is there any possibility of re-editing this??Here in argentina is impossible to find that graphic novel,not because of that you have to re-edit this,but well if you re-edited you know one fan that will buy it for sure is me laugh ,apart from that with our situation with the dollar 1 dollar 3 pesos...it is a bit expensive sometimes buying comics so you have to chose some things and not every comic you want!!for example abraxas and the earthman i am buying it for 64 pesos but i know it is worth that money..but well i dont wana bore you with the my problems or the problems that my country have...

the fact is if there is any possibility of re-editing this??or not because of heavy metal or because the movie..

-Was it a work that you enjoyed doing rick??i dont know perhaps you are a fan of spilberg movies so it was great!!

sorry if my english is a bit poor and pathetic!!

saludos...

lucas

#277494 - 08/24/06 02:48 PM Re: 1941 the illustrated story
RANDY Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
I can't speak for Rick or Steve but I would imagine that the publishing rights to 1941 have probably reverted back to the films studio or production company. Perhaps Rick might know exactly what the disposition of those rights are.

Personally, I found the movie to be a mixed bag of funny and semi-funny parts that were coupled with scenes that were utterly inane. And talk about a waste of John Belushi's talant. On the other hand I found the GN to be a fun read at the time and that Rick and Steve did a fine piece of work overall.

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley