Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#278157 - 01/11/99 05:31 PM The Cliff Site!
WaltParrish Offline

Loc: Tacoma, WA, USA
Hey kids, COMICS!

I just wanted to publicly thank Rick Veitch for including my humble little site (designed by Steven "THE MAN" Gettis) in COMICON.com's SPLASH listings!

If you haven't checked out the Cliff Site yet, you should! The artists who have contributed so far include Will Eisner, Joe Kubert, Tim Truman, Rick Veitch, Steve Conley, S.R. Bissette, Bruce Timm, Mike Mignola, Art Ad... aw, heck! Just go check it out! It's at

http://web3.foxinternet.net/greymalk/cliffhome.html

Please feel free to drop me a line with any feedback, and if any of you have similar original art sites, let me know... I'd love to see them!

Thanks very much!

Walt "the cliff guy" Parrish

[This message has been edited by WaltParrish (edited 01-13-99).]

#278158 - 01/11/99 07:31 PM Re: The Cliff Site!
BClayMoore Offline

Loc: Kansas City, KS
Walt-

Great stuff! I love theme sketchbooks. Probably the most impressive "sketchbook" I've seen is Joel Thingvall's Wonder Woman portfolio. Actually, it's more of a gallery. If anyone ever gets the chance to see it, or if Joel ever asks you to contribute, I'd recommend taking a peek.

#278159 - 01/11/99 08:38 PM Re: The Cliff Site!
KevinFromEmpyre Offline

Loc: Glen Burnie, MD USA
Pretty nice sketches! I think my favorites are the Perez one and the Tim Truman one.

We've got a pretty nice selection of sketches on my page also, though on average, the Cliff sketches are of higher quality. But my color Linsners blow some of those pieces away! [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Check it out, just click on the link below and then on SKETCHBOOK.

http://members.aol.com/empyre

EMPYRE COMICS

#278160 - 01/11/99 09:09 PM Re: The Cliff Site!
Eric L Kent Offline

Loc: Mt. Washington,KY,USA
Walt..the site is cool. It actually made me smile seeing some of the "cliff sketches". A smile from is a hard thing to get..so thanks man.

And my fav is Don Simpson's... [img]/resources/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

------------------
Eric L. Kent
Logan and the Bunny Squadron ONLINE Now at a Powermage Website near YOU!
Powermage Studios
members.aol.com/kurserod/welcome.htm

#278161 - 01/12/99 09:12 AM Re: The Cliff Site!
WaltParrish Offline

Thanks for the kind words, fellas! You might want to check back at the Cliff Site today. Steven & I added *twelve* more pictures last night, with more to come today!

Best,
Walt "cliff guy" Parrish

#278162 - 01/12/99 12:29 PM Re: The Cliff Site!
WaltParrish Offline

Kevin!

Wow, you've got a great collection there! I especially like Ben Edlund's & Doug Mahnke's (both folks whom I haven't met yet)!

#278163 - 01/13/99 02:16 PM Re: The Cliff Site!
WaltParrish Offline

Hello fellow Comiconners!

Just a quick note to let you know that fourteen new sketches have been added to the "cliff web site", so come check it out http://web3.foxinternet.net/greymalk/cliffhome.html , and let me know what you think (good or bad... I can take it)! [img]/resources/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Bestest!
Walt "cliff guy" Parrish

#278164 - 01/15/99 05:49 PM Re: The Cliff Site!
WaltParrish Offline

Hey all!

Steven has just added some new cliff pieces to the site: Mike Ploog, David Yurkovich, Jon Muth, and Michael T. Gilbert.

We should have John Totleben's amazing piece up soon as well... keep checking back!

#278165 - 01/15/99 06:01 PM Re: The Cliff Site!
Carlton Donaghe Offline

Loc: the American Desert
Mr. Parrish, I want you to know that I checked out your site when the story was first posted on SPLASH, and I was really impressed. You've got something to be proud of and to treasure. I've since gone back and looked at the new additions. Good stuff!

And, like Kevin from Empyre, I really like the George Perez sketch. Also, Steve Bissette's is incredible! There are just so many there that are "F'n A" great!

#278166 - 01/16/99 02:31 AM Re: The Cliff Site!
WaltParrish Offline

Thank you for the kind words, Carlton! (AND we just added John Totleben's piece this evening, so check that one out when you get a chance... it's amazing!)

Walt "I'm trying not to be the only one posting in this thread, it just keeps happening that way" Parrish

#278167 - 01/20/99 12:30 AM Re: The Cliff Site!
WaltParrish Offline

Hey everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know the Cliff Page has been updated! It now has a new, more user-friendly feel to it, and a brand new piece by COMICON.com member, GREG HYLAND of "Lethargic Lad" fame! Follow the link to my site & click on Greg's name to check it out...

Best wishes,
Walt Parrish

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >