Topic Options
#279973 - 05/08/99 11:15 PM Lieber@ Motor City Con 5/14-16
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Motor City Con will take place next weekend May 14-16th at the Novi Expo Center.
This convention looks like it'll be huge- 160,000 square feet of exhibit space filled with hundreds of guests. The hours are Friday: 1-8 Saturday: 10-7 Sunday: 10-5 and you can find out much more at http://www.motorcityconventions.com/motor_city_comic_con/

Comics guests incluse: JOE KUBERT , GENE COLAN, JOHN BEATTY, RICHARD CASE, JOE CASEY, COREY CORANI, GUY DAVIS, RANDY GREEN, MATT HAWKINS, DAVE JOHNSON, JOE JUSKO, MIKE KALUTA, JOSE LADRONN, ERIK LARSEN, STEVE LIEBER, VINCE LOCKE, DAVID MACK, SHELDON MOLDOFF, TERRY MOORE, JEFF MOY, PHILLIP MOY, ANDREW PEPOY, GEORGE PEREZ, JONATHAN PETERSON, DAVID QUINN, MARK SCHULTZ, KURT SCHAFFENBERGER, STEVE SEGAL, ANDY SMITH, DAVE STEVENS, JILL THOMPSON, TIM TOWNSEND, MATT WAGNER, MIKE WEIRINGO, CHUCK WOJTKIEWICZ, JASON ASALA, GLENN BARR, ANDY BENNETT, PAM BLISS, JON BLUME, STEVE BLUME, DAVID BOLLER, GEORGE BRODERICK JR., MITCH BROWN, MATT BUSCH, JOE CHIAPPETTA, DENYS COWAN, STEVE DARNALL, Matt Feazell, Peter Gross, Rachel Hartman, Greg Hyland, Cindy Johns, Rich Koslowski, Jason Moore, Angel Medina, William Messner-Loebs, Jeff Newman, Jim Ottaviani, Michael Peters, Jeff Pittarelli, Scott Roberts, Paul Sizer, Mercy Van Vlack, Aaron Warner, Richard White, Chris Yambar and dozens of others. (Please excuse the use of all-caps. I cut and pasted a lot of this...)

There are a ton of media and glamour guests scheduled to attend, including Billy Dee Williams, and all sorts of gaming tournements. And on Saturday there's going to be a big pro-wrestling exhibition.

Somewhere in the middle of all this, you'll find me, plugging WHITEOUT and signing comics and doing portfolio critiques and sketches and all the usual. As always, you can mention comicon.com and get a free quickie WHITEOUT sketch, (or Hawkman, if you insist on it.) And if you buy a copy of Jim Ottaviani's wonderful Two-Fisted Science trade paperback, I'll do a pen and ink drawing of Niels Bohr in it for you. (Critiques and free sketches are offered as time allows. Now that I've worked on a comic book that's actually attracting some attention, I tend to be busier at conventions than before. So if I ask you to come back later, please don't take it personally. )

I always have a ball at Motor City which, despite its hugeness, makes room for the small press cartooning that interests me. Michael Goldman and Gary Bishop do a remarkable job keeping all this well-organized and running smoothly. You can go to deja news and search for one of my old motor city convention reports to get an idea of what this show is like.

Finally, (I keep asking this, though i don't know if anyone is doing it,) if you participate in any other discussion groups that would be interested in this convention- wrestling, gaming, sf, horror, whatever, please strip out my personal stuff and post this message there. The Motor City guys work like absolute fiends to bring people to their shows and as a result many "civilians" wind up buying comics for the first time in years. Help support the show. Spread the word.

Steve Lieber

------------------
My web page: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Museum/8914/
Preview of WHITEOUT #1 at www.easystreet.com/~kodiak/Whiteout.html
WHITEOUT tpb ships in May. A sequel is coming later this year.

[This message has been edited by Steve Lieber (edited 05-09-99).]

#279974 - 05/09/99 10:28 AM Re: Lieber@ Motor City Con 5/14-16
Mute Offline

"As always, you can mention rac and get a free quickie WHITEOUT sketch, (or Hawkman, if you insist on it.)"

If you mention Comicon.com, Steve will only draw you a map to the exit.

#279975 - 05/10/99 07:11 PM Re: Lieber@ Motor City Con 5/14-16
Marshall Dillon Offline

Loc: Michigan
I also will be at the Motorcon.. anyone that stops by and mentions COMICON.COM receives a free comic!

And anyone I know from Comicon.com receives a free drink if they can corner me in the bar this weekend!

See ya all soon

Marshall

#279976 - 05/11/99 07:23 AM Re: Lieber@ Motor City Con 5/14-16
Marshall Dillon Offline

Need we remind you that the Motorcon is the third largest con in the us?!

See you there!

Marshall

#279977 - 05/13/99 06:14 AM Re: Lieber@ Motor City Con 5/14-16
Marshall Dillon Offline

Just keeping this post near the top.

REMEMBER the con is this weekend!
See ya there

Marshall

#279978 - 05/13/99 11:13 AM Re: Lieber@ Motor City Con 5/14-16
Barry Buchanan Offline

Loc: Carmi, IL USA
And anyone I know from Comicon.com receives a free drink if they can corner me in the bar this
weekend!

Marsh,
when'd you start this. I mentioned I'd seen your name on comicon.com at the bar at Comicfest in Chi-town and you never bought me a drink. Humph!

Barry "They're stickin' it to me, Jerry!" Buchanan
www.blackdaze.com
"The Ballad of Utopia"

#279979 - 05/13/99 11:52 AM Re: Lieber@ Motor City Con 5/14-16
snoid Offline

See you guy's there! Steve lookin' foward to getting a White Out sketch for my son's book.
Look's like a great line-up this year,
JOE KURBERT!! Can't wait to meet him.
snoid

#279980 - 05/13/99 02:46 PM Re: Lieber@ Motor City Con 5/14-16
Tim Gagne Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
If anyone wants to track me down or make a donation, I will be at the CBLDF booth. Are the NPO guys going to be there? It would be very interesting..........