The official hype:
------------------
For those of you in the Pacific Northwest, there will be an Oni Press Day here in Portland, this Saturday, 7/24. It will be from 1-3 pm, at Excalibur Books on Hawthorne Blvd. Featured guests will be the WHITEOUT team of Greg Rucka and Steve Lieber, the CRASH METRO team of Mike Allred and Martin Ontiveros, and Jen Van Meter, writer of THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT.
----------------

Me: If you mention seeing this on line, I'll be happy to doodle out a sketch
for you, time permitting. I haven't done a store signing since WHITEOUT took off, and I'm looking forward to this.

I have no idea if Oni plans to look at portfolios but I'll be happy to flip through
your work and give you my advice and opinions. Again this is as time permits.
We'll only be there for three hours, and I don't know how much room there'll be to spread out at what you've brought. If you do want to show some artwork, bring clean 8 1/2 by 11" xeroxes rather than a big portfolio of originals. Seven or eight pages is plenty, and please remember that explaining why a sample isn't as good as you're capable of is universally recognized as an indicator that you're more interested in excuses than ilustration.

Excalibur is a fine store that goes out of its way to support creators a whole lot
more obscure than the Oni gang. They shelve terrific minis and self-published and out-of-print books that you'd have a tough time tracking down in most cities. If you haven't been there, come by and take a look.

Steve Lieber

------------------
My web page: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Museum/8914/
Preview of WHITEOUT #1 at www.easystreet.com/~kodiak/Whiteout.html
WHITEOUT tpb now in stores. A sequel is coming later this year.