Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#281191 - 07/26/99 11:51 PM Re: "Comicon.com and a poor use of aggressive colors" revisited
Dan Holloway Offline

Loc: Tampa/Tallahassee FL
Comcion.com has officially stopped making any sense whatsoever.

#281192 - 07/27/99 12:29 AM Re: "Comicon.com and a poor use of aggressive colors" revisited
Milo George Offline

Loc: Seattle
I'd just like to let Herrs Veitch & Conley know my one and only complaint about Comicon.com is that Robert Young has appointed himself its spokesman.

#281193 - 07/27/99 04:19 AM Re: "Comicon.com and a poor use of aggressive colors" revisited
Dan Holloway Offline

Okay, I'm probably being unfair. Let me revise that to say that the gutters make no sense whatsoever, and the rest of the board suffers whenever Rick Olney escapes from them out into the smogless pastures of the other topic fields. I can't say I agree with Robert Young on much of anything, but at least he's not running around inventing lawyers and threatening to sue people.

#281194 - 07/27/99 04:21 AM Re: "Comicon.com and a poor use of aggressive colors" revisited
buck futter Offline

Loc: Central City
Sheathe those swords and take cover, gentlemen...RICK's on a litigious "warpath" and he's about to cut one...

------------------
"Serenity now!" ~ Frank Costanza

#281195 - 07/27/99 04:47 AM Re: "Comicon.com and a poor use of aggressive colors" revisited
Robert Offline

Loc: The belly of the beast
Dan Holloway wrote: The link would have been more than sufficient, and would have provided a more jurisprudent representation of what was said.

Dan you nitwit, the "link" is still there. I even made a hyperlink for you.
http://www.tcj.com/messboard/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000048.html

Anyone doubting the jurisprudence of this thread...please see the original for yourselves.

Dan Holloway (again): "P.S.
Robert, the selections you chose present the most biased representation of that thread I can imagine. I'm not saying that they're inaccurate, but it's basically the equivalent of selecting a handful of verses from the Bible to create arguments for racism, sexual intolerance, etc."

Huh?? Dan, I know you view Kim as your prophet but this is ridiculous. You're over your head. Please give up. The only bias expressed is in your own words. I've reposted the thread in almost the exact order in which the comments were originally posted. I only left out things irrelevant to the argument.

Dan Holloway said: "I can't say I agree with Robert Young on much of anything, but at least he's not running around inventing lawyers and threatening to sue people. "

That's where you're dead wrong. I'm having my lawyer Jackie Childs review Kim's slanderous remarks against me at this very moment. I expect before the week is out I'll not only be calling the shots at TCJ (you're fired Milo!) but I'll also own all the Stewie merchandise in the Fantagraphics warehouse.

#281196 - 07/27/99 06:36 AM Re: "Comicon.com and a poor use of aggressive colors" revisited
Dan Holloway Offline

Robert, if everyone were to be judged by one single post, I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to come up with some doozies for you. The posts you selcted to repost were the ones that make you look like Blind justice and everyone else look like uneducated nit-wits. You know damn well that isn't the case. I had other posts in that thread that explained my point of view and postion on the subjects discussed, but you chose to include only the earliest ones posted at a time where no one was doing anything on that thread but joking around. I syand by that original statement, as I do every statement I've made in that thread and any other, including one in the Timespell #4 thread here at comicon in which I maintained that the message board here is mostly a joke, while there are some very good things being done in other sections of the sight. The truth is however that nne of this matters, since no one other than the same people who were arguing at TCJ have decided to respond to this thread (Rick Olney's weird and completely off the subject ramblings about his ersonal problems being the only exception). Unless something unforeseen happens, it would appear that you're the only person in all of Fantasyland that really gives a damn about this subject.

I have a belly full of coffee, and it hurts like hell.

#281197 - 07/27/99 08:26 AM Re: "Comicon.com and a poor use of aggressive colors" revisited
Rick Veitch Administrator Offline

Loc: Vermont, USA
A note to our beloved Comicon.com Village Idiots: Buck, Robert, and RICK. Please keep the Twit Olympic Competition down in the GUTTERS where you won't hurt yourselves with sharp observations.

Dan, are you aware that Comicon.com is in serious talks with the TCJ board about trading Sam Catalino's contract for yours? We're always interested in picking up minor league talent to add to our roster of Board Bitches.

BTW, the bright colors on our site were specifically designed for their irresistable hypnotic attraction to Comics Journal personel. As you can witness, they have been helpless to resist.

------------------
Rick Veitch
Invites You To Read THE DAILY RARE BIT FIENDS
updated every day along with news of the world's most popular artform!
THE COMICON.COM DAILY SPLASHis always refreshing!
www.comicon.com/splash

#281198 - 07/27/99 08:40 AM Re: "Comicon.com and a poor use of aggressive colors" revisited
Dan Holloway Offline

Rick, at the very least I'm worth Catalino, two Rick Olney aliases, and a bitch to be named later.

Basically, I express my distaste for the layout on your message board, and you decide to call me a bitch. What the hell, keeps with the overall tone of the board, right?

#281199 - 07/27/99 09:27 AM Re: "Comicon.com and a poor use of aggressive colors" revisited
SgtCarter Offline

All right, listen up! All of you idiotic twits who aren't hypocritical bitches, take one step forward now!

Not so fast there, Veitch...

#281200 - 07/27/99 10:24 AM Re: "Comicon.com and a poor use of aggressive colors" revisited
Don Markstein Offline

Loc: Earth
I'd probably be a bipartisan poster, if there were room in my life for more than one swing per day through one discussion board the size of this one.

I do, tho, take an occasional look at the TCJ board, and of course, I dutifully went over to check out the thread in question.

After slogging through about a third of it, all I can say is, anybody participating in that stupid slugfest has no room to talk about the deficiencies of this board, whether or not they agree with the design decisions made by its administrators.

Is it possible for the guys with the God Software on this board to pick up a whole thread and move it to The Gutters? That's where this one ought to be.

Quack, Don

------------------
GRAPHIC NOVEL REVIEW FOR LIBRARIES
P.O. Box 55148
Phoenix, AZ 85078

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >