Topic Options
#283202 - 09/22/99 08:45 PM (HYPE) Overworked & befuddled, Adams stumbles into Minnesota Fallcon Saturday morning
Ben Adams Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Ben Adams, Mediawarp Comics head honcho, COMICON.com regular, and MURDER BY CROWQUILL writer, would like to announce that he will be attending the Minnesota Comic Book Association Fallcon on Saturday and Sunday right next door to the big ass Mall Of America in Bloomington, MN. Stop by and visit him. He'll tell you how he morphed his picture into the Mediawarp logo on the front page of his website. He'll tell you about the Italian Matrix-related website that's running a translated comic strip that he wrote for Rae Burke. (If no one talks to him, perhaps he'll catch up on his sleep.)

You can also meet one of Ben's favorite comics artists, Peter Gross, who writes and draws BOOKS OF MAGIC. You can meet SUPERMAN/AQUAMAN/SPIDER-MAN/THOR/CAPTAIN AMERICA/BATMAN/BOOSTER GOLD writer-artist Dan Jurgens, who will discuss his plans to eventually write every mainstream comic known to man. You can meet Alan Moore collaborators Gene Ha and Zander Cannon. You can meet COMICON.com regular Justin Savage and his very talented pal Mark Stemlach.

As if that isn't enough, swinging sixties sensation Nick Cardy will be there to talk about the ultra-cool work he did on The Teen Titans.

A bunch of other guys will be there too.

Be there or be square.

------------------
Ben Adams
Read PRISONOPOLIS and discuss MURDER BY CROWQUILL online at www.mediawarpcomics.com .

#283203 - 09/22/99 09:03 PM Re: (HYPE) Overworked & befuddled, Adams stumbles into Minnesota Fallcon Saturday morning
Ben Adams Offline

I forgot to mention that I will have copies of MURDER BY CROWQUILL with me for sale too.

#283204 - 09/22/99 09:20 PM Re: (HYPE) Overworked & befuddled, Adams stumbles into Minnesota Fallcon Saturday morning
David Watkins Offline

Loc: Mpls, MN, USA
And leave us not forget...the chicks. Lots of chicks will be there.

------------------
*If The Red Bee Should Fall*
www.delphi.com/smithee/messages/

Messages For The Damned

#283205 - 09/22/99 09:31 PM Re: (HYPE) Overworked & befuddled, Adams stumbles into Minnesota Fallcon Saturday morning
Ben Adams Offline

Yep. All hanging around the David Watkins table no doubt.

After reading the SPX thread, I think we need to invite Sequential Tart's Kady Mae to Fallcon 2000. I think she would really liven things up here.

------------------
Ben Adams
Read PRISONOPOLIS and discuss MURDER BY CROWQUILL online at www.mediawarpcomics.com .

#283206 - 09/23/99 03:52 AM Re: (HYPE) Overworked & befuddled, Adams stumbles into Minnesota Fallcon Saturday morning
savage Offline

Loc: Minneapolis,MN USA
Don't forget, Pat, Steve, and Adam. (Adam was of course made famous by having Dave Sim post a shot of his mini comic "Ennui" in the "Best of Spirits" section in the back of Cerebus. Adam had neglected to put his name on it, so Dave didn't know who had printed the damn thing.)

It should be fun...

------------------
Justin Savage
President/Editor/Web-bozo
Sabre's Edge
www.sabresedge.com

#283207 - 09/24/99 12:45 AM Re: (HYPE) Overworked & befuddled, Adams stumbles into Minnesota Fallcon Saturday morning
David Watkins Offline

Loc: Mpls, MN, USA
Just got back from dinner with Murphy Anderson & his wife. They are the sweetest people in the whole wide world. He's really looking forward to doing the show this weekend. I tried hard, but the man didn't have a bad thing to say about a single soul...now that's class. He did grab the last shrimp, though. Blast him.

------------------
*If The Red Bee Should Fall*
www.delphi.com/smithee/messages/

Messages For The Damned

#283208 - 09/28/99 11:57 PM Re: (HYPE) Overworked & befuddled, Adams stumbles into Minnesota Fallcon Saturday morning
Michael Hutchison Offline

Loc: Rochester, MN USA
You know...I'd planned to go to this all summer. And then Saturday night, I went into my local shop ("The Source" in Roseville, MN) and saw the big ad...and realized I'd completely forgotten about it!

DANG! An opportunity missed to promote Fanzing! (I know, I could have gone Sunday...but I've been to enough area cons to know that most of the action is Saturday.)

------------------
Michael Hutchison, Fanzing editor
http://www.fanzing.com

Monitor Duty monitors the web for comic book news!