Topic Options
#284862 - 12/08/99 12:04 AM Hype: Xeno's Arrow Starter Pack In Stores Wednesday!
Stephen Geigen Miller Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
"It's convenient. It's economical. It contains the entire series to date. Now, you can get the first five issues of this critically-acclaimed series in one package..."

The Xeno's Arrow Starter Pack, containing issues #1 - 5, arrives in stores this Wednesday, December 8th. It provides a perfect opportunity for new readers to check out Xeno's Arrow!

Thanks,

Stephen

------------------
Stephen Geigen-Miller
Cup O' Tea Studios
www.xenosarrow.com

#284863 - 12/08/99 11:26 AM Re: Hype: Xeno's Arrow Starter Pack In Stores Wednesday!
Johanna Offline

And they really should. It's a great series.

Johanna

Recommendations of Comics Worth Reading - www.comicsworthreading.com

#284864 - 12/08/99 11:54 AM Re: Hype: Xeno's Arrow Starter Pack In Stores Wednesday!
Kurt Busiek Offline

Loc: The Pacific Northwest
Having just read XENO'S ARROW #1-4, after having them since San Diego, I can concur enthusiastically with Johanna.

A good, distinctive, involving series, with a lot of thought and care to it. Try that pack!

kurt

#284865 - 12/08/99 10:29 PM Re: Hype: Xeno's Arrow Starter Pack In Stores Wednesday!
IndyGuy Offline

Loc: Charleston, WV
Well,

Not that my word is any greater than Kurt or Johanna, (I am humbled) but this strange guy from some northern place handed me this ashcan at SXP 98. Well, simply put both my wife and myself have been collecting the book since.

If you haven't gotten the books yet, pick up the handy all in one starter pack at your local shop. If they didn't order it, just hit them over the head with a brick. And Don't forget, it would make a great stocking stuffer for anyone in your family. Except you don't want to bend them, since they will be worth more than gold one day. Honest. [img]http://207.69.158.95/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Ron Phillips

#284866 - 12/14/99 01:00 PM Re: Hype: Xeno's Arrow Starter Pack In Stores Wednesday!
Greg McElhatton Offline

Loc: Vienna, VA
If I had to pick a series that XENO'S ARROW reminds me of (the old, "If you like X, you'll love Y!" analogy), I'd have to go with Phil Foglio's BUCK GODOT. Really good stuff.

------------------
Greg McElhatton: http://www.gregmce.com
The EXPO/SPX 2000 * iComics Daily Reviews

#284867 - 12/14/99 09:41 PM Re: Hype: Xeno's Arrow Starter Pack In Stores Wednesday!
Stephen Geigen Miller Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Heh. The difference being, there's not nearly as much hanky-panky going on in the Xeno's Arrow universe.

Flattering comparison though; thanks, Greg!

Stephen

------------------
Stephen Geigen-Miller
Cup O' Tea Studios
www.xenosarrow.com

#284868 - 12/15/99 10:23 AM Re: Hype: Xeno's Arrow Starter Pack In Stores Wednesday!
Johanna Offline

Xeno's Arrow reminds me of Atari Force and good Legion of Super-Heroes, both two of my favorite all-time series.

Johanna

PS Interested folks can read a review at http://www.mindspring.com/~johannadc/comics/xeno.html

Recommendations of Comics Worth Reading - www.comicsworthreading.com