Page 11 of 17 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#294876 - 12/11/02 03:18 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
robdandy Offline

I'll look around for those royalty stubs and print the real story. You're correct in assessing that the Diamond numbers are not accurate because they don't consider advance pre-orders and re-orders or newstand sales.

For the record, I never said that my run was the best selling modern run, CBG did, I just repeated it.

Robbie from the block

#294877 - 12/11/02 04:46 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
DerekWatson Offline

Loc: St. Albans
"Robbie from the block"

Lol! At least we share a similar sense of humour!

And kudos to you Rob for having the balls to even get into this discussion!

#294878 - 12/12/02 11:39 AM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
SwiftMann Offline

Loc: Baltimore, Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by DerekWatson:
"Robbie from the block"

Lol! At least we share a similar sense of humour!

That was pretty funny. laugh

ctsmith - Let it go man!!

Rob - Maybe the third time's a charm. When can we expect to see Alias #0?

#294879 - 12/12/02 12:05 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
ctsmith83 Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by SwiftMann:
ctsmith - Let it go man!!

You let it go. I called him on something and he wormed out of it before and I'm calling him on it again. Now he's backtracking and saying that CBG said his run was the best selling modern run. Where do the excuses end and the truth begin? Is it wrong to ask someone to provide proof for their assertions? If he can prove that he's right (or CBG is right, or whatever it is this month), then I'll stand corrected, but I seriously doubt his run outsold the runs of the 70s and 80s.

#294880 - 12/12/02 12:25 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
robdandy Offline

Please don't let it go. My info was primarily drawn from a CBG issue that outlined the sales figures. I'll get a hold of it and we'll all get a nice front row to some good ol' fashioned crow eatin'.

Robbie from the block

#294881 - 12/12/02 01:20 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
Elayne Riggs Offline

Loc: Bronx, NY, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Liefeld:
I have no idea what it is that people enjoy about my work...

I smell a sig quote. smile

- Elayne

#294882 - 12/12/02 01:23 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
ctsmith83 Offline

Loc: Canada
Well Robbie...

Your story keeps changing. In the previous thread you said you had the highest selling run of all time. I pointed out that in the Golden Age, Cap sold in the millions. Now you've switched to the modern age and attributed your claims to CBG. I don't recall you attributing the claims to CBG in the previous thread. Revisionist history or convenient scapegoat?

#294883 - 12/12/02 01:26 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
Elayne Riggs Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ctsmith83:
It's rather difficult to pay your bills and take care of your family when you have no respect within the industry that you work. It's awfully difficult to get paying jobs when a bad reputation preceeds you into an interview situation.

Yet Rob has gotten paying jobs and taken care of his family just fine, so the lack of respect and bad reputation you cite do not appear to have been factors in his particular case.

- Elayne

#294884 - 12/12/02 01:43 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
Elayne Riggs Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DerekWatson:
I remember a time when an Image INKER (one for you here, Elayne!) earned $150,000 for one issue!!!

I'd find it easier to smile over this were it not for the fact that Robin is currently, as they say, "between assignments" and we're living off my salary alone at the moment. Which, alas, is nowhere near $150,000 or even the $66-grand-before-taxes that Rob cites.

- Elayne

#294885 - 12/12/02 01:49 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
Elayne Riggs Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Liefeld:
...my nut would be smaller...

So many bad comeback remarks, so little time...

- Elayne

Page 11 of 17 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17 >

Moderator:  Steve Conley, The Pulse