Page 14 of 17 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
#294906 - 12/16/02 05:54 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
stlfan79 Offline

Loc: collegeville central
Sibal was fantastic on Midnight Nation. IMO opinion it was Franks best work ever so it couldn't have been to bad.
3 Rex Mundi
4 Walking Dead
5 Invincible
6 Majestic
7 Punisher
8 Goon
9 Fables
10 Y
11 Shaolin Cowboy
12 Fell
13 Desolation Jones
14 Doc Frankenstein
15 Ex Machina
If Hellboy was monthly it would be #1

#294907 - 12/16/02 05:59 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
SwiftMann Offline

Loc: Baltimore, Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by stlfan79:
Sibal was fantastic on Midnight Nation. IMO opinion it was Franks best work ever so it couldn't have been to bad.

I agree with you about Midnight Nation, but for the Avengers book Sibal either changed his process/style or there was some sort of production error because it looked very fuzzy and loose.

#294908 - 12/16/02 11:29 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
megazeen Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Rob- we're huge fans of your work over at Megazeen, following your work right from the start.

Is there any chance- any chance at all- of getting a brief interview with you for our little growing zine? Your time, your terms. If so, please email me to set it up?

Peace!

Joe
megazeenonline.com

#294909 - 12/17/02 10:47 AM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
robdandy Offline

Megazine,

No problem with the interview. Just contact me at Arcadecomics@aol.com

Rob

#294910 - 12/17/02 09:31 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
stlfan79 Offline

Rob,

Do you get hate mail from all the turds with nothing better to do than make fun when you post your email address like that?

curious scott
3 Rex Mundi
4 Walking Dead
5 Invincible
6 Majestic
7 Punisher
8 Goon
9 Fables
10 Y
11 Shaolin Cowboy
12 Fell
13 Desolation Jones
14 Doc Frankenstein
15 Ex Machina

#294911 - 12/17/02 09:33 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
stlfan79 Offline

Also how do you feel about the way Avatar has handled the old Awesome properties (for those that don't know-Glory, Avengylene, and Coven)? Is Ian upset that they have butchered Coven into a T&A mag?

Also I have asked this a ton and maybe your just waiting to do some other form of release but are there any plans to put out Century? Keron Grant is one of my favorite pencilers.
3 Rex Mundi
4 Walking Dead
5 Invincible
6 Majestic
7 Punisher
8 Goon
9 Fables
10 Y
11 Shaolin Cowboy
12 Fell
13 Desolation Jones
14 Doc Frankenstein
15 Ex Machina

#294912 - 12/18/02 07:58 AM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
siegwulf Offline

Loc: Avon, France
I can be wrong, but I remember rob told us here or else that Century would be the next published series or at least it was in the work.
so we'll have to wait and see. smile

#294913 - 12/18/02 07:40 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
the ImpactPlayr Justin Vargo Offline

Loc: Near Cleveland Ohio
Wow you all really have no clue and no respect or idea what the industry or what art is all about.

far to often comics are rushed now a days. I personally would rather wait 5 months for a book that is top notch in sotry and art then some of the crap I get when I read my X-bocks, or half the crap that is put out now a days.

Art takes time it always has and that why we se so many crappy books from marvel, Dc and the like. Did the maters create a painting in a month? No! In a year? No Try more then a year in most cases if not 10+ years. Art takes time.

Rob has always provided some of the best and most dynamic art there is in the industry and bloodsport looks to do the same.

On the topic of Varient covers. many Comics do it hell even the Beloved Transformers had been shipping with 2 covers. I personally always chose the one I like best...do I have to by both? No! Am I glad I get a choice Hell F'n Yeah!!! varients are good not bad.

I personally love youngblood always have. I will wait for this book forever((and I might)) But I don't care. And It was Others in the industry that talked Rob into doing it as a series. Rob invisioned it as a book one Trade Paperback. but he went against what he thought was in his best interest to do what others told him he should do.

Rob sacked up and said he f'd over his fans by being late. Did J. Scott Campbell do that with Danger Girl hell no. Has JMs and Image doe it with Riseing stars..Not a Chance. Rob said it was his fault. At least give him some credit.

And He doesn't see his future in comics, never has from what I understand. His goal was and has been Hollywood...and it finally looks like he has made it there. good luck rob, and count me in as some one who will go see each and every movie of yours. And I can't wait for DISNEY to do Badrock and Suprme which they bought the rights to do!

and JQ...your and Idiot! You should have just published First Contact!((seeing as it was done))

#294914 - 12/18/02 08:07 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
robdandy Offline

Okay, I know I'm behind on a few questions so let me get caught up.

First, yes, Jon Sibal was an Extreme studio grad. He was great back then and he's even better now. Mucho talented.

Second, yes Century will see the light of day. It is one of many books sitting on the back burner while everything comes together. It certainly doesn't hurt that Keron Grant has become so popular of late. The Century stuff is, obvious bias aside, my favorite work that he has done. Close second would be his last X-Men issue.

I was not as impressed with the Avatar's handling of the characters they licensed from me. Is that politically correct enough for you? Those characters will receive renewed treatment soon. And no, it's not because there is a timed clause with Avatar, those properties were never exclusive to them.

And thank you to Impact and others who risk their reps by sharing their enthusiasm with others! I always appreciate the brave and the bold.

Finally, I haven't received any hate mail period, at least not for six-seven years. Nasty posts on message boards, yes, but no hate mail. So now I'm certain I'll be deluged.

Rob

#294915 - 12/19/02 12:49 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
ctsmith83 Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by the ImpactPlayr Justin Vargo:
far to often comics are rushed now a days. I personally would rather wait 5 months for a book that is top notch in sotry and art then some of the crap I get when I read my X-bocks, or half the crap that is put out now a days.

Art takes time it always has and that why we se so many crappy books from marvel, Dc and the like. Did the maters create a painting in a month? No! In a year? No Try more then a year in most cases if not 10+ years. Art takes time

Here's the thing: if you're making art, don't sell it until it's finished. If you're making a product to be shipped at a certain date, then meet that date. It's been said a thousand times, but late product hurts everyone - the fans (who are left wondering when the product will ship), the shops (who have invested their money in the product) and the creators (who can lose a lot of fans, support and future sales).

Page 14 of 17 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 >

Moderator:  Steve Conley, The Pulse