Page 15 of 17 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
#294916 - 12/19/02 01:53 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
siegwulf Offline

Loc: Avon, France
ctsmith83 wrote :

Here's the thing: if you're making art, don't sell it until it's finished. If you're making a product to be shipped at a certain date, then meet that date. It's been said a thousand times, but late product hurts everyone - the fans (who are left wondering when the product will ship), the shops (who have invested their money in the product) and the creators (who can lose a lot of fans, support and future sales).

I completely agree with your points.
but on the many artists or companies who told us how sorry they were about these problems, I only reminded two :
1) CrossGen, it happened once, and they published a letter for it, so it was correct from them and they never did it again.
2) actually I think it's rob. he did it here and on some other recent interviews. he did his mea culpa. :rolleyes:

now, I had a question for you rob, years ago, during awesome comics, we were seeing a promo art for a series called Agent : America. Then the series appeared to be Fighting American. But since months you "lost" the FA licence, so it was impossible to publishe series like Dogs of War and else with this character.

My question is :
Is Agent : America's name owned by you and your company or is it part of the FA licence too ?
(so you could have a patriotic character...). wink

#294917 - 12/21/02 03:06 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
Lar Gand Offline

I way I remember it, back in 97(btw there was a article published about it the Comics Journal), Rob sought the FA licence from Joe Simon after the Cap run and that failed. So AA was created, and that caused a stink with Joe and later Marvel.

Things were settled with Joe and the licence was granted and than Marvel sought a lawsuit because FA was similar to Cap. :rolleyes:

Rob won and now I think the licence is long expired. Bringing back the AA charcater would cause a big stink again prob. but Rob said something to the like of "I love beating Marvel and I'll do it again". There's still the question of the Spice and Smash charcaters however confused ....

#294918 - 12/21/02 03:36 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
THE Anti-Hunter Offline

Loc: oceanside,Ca
I bypassed all posts after reading the article(sorry), but to just say that, while I feel I've done my fair share of Liefeld bashing, and I was justified, after all the stuff I had to sift thru,BUT he does seem to have matured, and I hope if he does do the artwork, I hope it's matured as well. So anyways for a man who loves the medium and now only wants to contribute I can't fault him for that. I wish other people could take a similar work ethic, but then that's a long stretch.

My forum: http://p207.ezboard.com/fthebullpen28879frm43

and the art blog: http://j-m-hunter.livejournal.com/

#294919 - 12/22/02 06:41 AM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
siegwulf Offline

Loc: Avon, France
good points hunter, I hope you'll enjoy the series if you buy them. wink

#294920 - 12/24/02 06:33 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
SwiftMann Offline

Loc: Baltimore, Maryland
Quote:
The first issue of ALIAS:AGENT BRISTOW #0 is on sale in December.

Now I know why no one would answer my question.

COMICS
OCT022410 3 LITTLE KITTENS #3 (Of 3) $2.95
SEP021771 ACG HEROES UNLIMITED #1 $5.95
OCT022287 ANNOTATED MANTOOTH TP $12.95

No surprise I guess...

#294921 - 12/25/02 12:45 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
Jake.Hazelip Offline

Loc: Tallahassee, Fl, US of A
[QUOTE]Originally posted by siegwulf:
[QB]ctsmith83 wrote :

2) actually I think it's rob. he did it here and on some other recent interviews. he did his mea culpa. :rolleyes:

A better apology, and far more effective, would be for him to stop pulling the same old shit with every new project. Here's how it pretty much goes:

Step 1. Rob announces a new project, bubbling with enthusiasm.
Step 2. People slam Rob and his past.
Step 3. Rob responds with revisionist history, completely ignoring things like Busiek's denial of every word Rob's tried to cram into his mouth.
Step 3a. Rob announces one to three movie deals that never see the lens of a movie projector.
Step 4. Rob releases some cross-hatching and calls it artwork.
Step 6. Rob solicits, and for some reason, even with his history, Diamond continues to allow him to do this.
Step 7. Rob misses his ship date.
Step 8. At least two months late, Rob will respond online by repeating steps 2 through 4.

It's always the same. He's always the same. He will never change, and it's just simply a bad thing for everyone involved.

It's time for Rob to be shown the door. His antics just aren't helpful.

#294922 - 12/25/02 12:47 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
Jake.Hazelip Offline

Loc: Tallahassee, Fl, US of A
Quote:
Originally posted by robdandy:
Please don't let it go. My info was primarily drawn from a CBG issue that outlined the sales figures. I'll get a hold of it and we'll all get a nice front row to some good ol' fashioned crow eatin'.

Robbie from the block

*ahem*

#294923 - 12/26/02 02:56 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
inner realms Offline

Loc: washington d.c.
You know i was one of rob's biggest critics, mostly just for late books, but hell jim lee did it and silvestri and topcow still do it, But i digress i will pick up the book if for anything to see my beloved re:gex in action. Hey rob if the book come out later you owe me a drawing of the whole re:gex team deal.

#294924 - 12/27/02 05:49 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
ctsmith83 Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by robdandy:
Please don't let it go. My info was primarily drawn from a CBG issue that outlined the sales figures. I'll get a hold of it and we'll all get a nice front row to some good ol' fashioned crow eatin'.

Munch, munch, munch... That tastes like Christmas turkey to me! laugh

#294925 - 12/27/02 05:51 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
ctsmith83 Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Jake.Hazelip:

*ahem*

Don't hold your breath. In the next Liefeld thread he'll say the sales figures came from Entertainment Weekly, the thread after that, the Dalai Lama... :rolleyes:

Page 15 of 17 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 >

Moderator:  Steve Conley, The Pulse