Page 7 of 17 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#294836 - 12/09/02 11:06 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
SwiftMann Offline

Loc: Baltimore, Maryland
First there was this...

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Conley:
The first issue of ALIAS:AGENT BRISTOW #0 is on sale in December.

and then there was this...

Quote:
Originally posted by robdandy:
And for the record the Alias work follows Bloodsport. Aside from a pin-up or cover, I can't do both at the same time. I'm sorry I didn't make it clearer in the interview.

So when do I get to read an Alias comic (no not that one!, the one from tv)? [img]http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/fragend/fragend009.gif[/img]

#294837 - 12/09/02 11:33 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
stlfan79 Offline

Loc: collegeville central
Quote:
Also, to Steel and so many others, I am humbled by your support and appreciate your enthusiasm more than you imagine. I can only hope that delivering the best possible version of Shaft, Badrock and co. to date will buffer the disappointment.

Rob

I can't wait to see it Rob. Personally as a fan of yours I don't care if the book is late (it would have been nice to see it on time though). I'm just happy to see you doing work again, and I am used to comics being late all the time so it doesn't bother me.

Also is it true you might be putting out the Century series by Keron Grant, he is one of my favorite artists.

Thanks again for stopping bye and answering questions for your fans despite all the crap that gets spewed your way.
3 Rex Mundi
4 Walking Dead
5 Invincible
6 Majestic
7 Punisher
8 Goon
9 Fables
10 Y
11 Shaolin Cowboy
12 Fell
13 Desolation Jones
14 Doc Frankenstein
15 Ex Machina
If Hellboy was monthly it would be #1

#294838 - 12/09/02 11:35 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
stlfan79 Offline

Loc: collegeville central
Late or not, your still going to beat the Image hardcover.
3 Rex Mundi
4 Walking Dead
5 Invincible
6 Majestic
7 Punisher
8 Goon
9 Fables
10 Y
11 Shaolin Cowboy
12 Fell
13 Desolation Jones
14 Doc Frankenstein
15 Ex Machina
If Hellboy was monthly it would be #1

#294839 - 12/09/02 11:44 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
steel: A Long Departed Hero Offline

Loc: The MBA (Mysterious Blue Area)...
Quote:
Also, to Steel and so many others, I am humbled by your support and appreciate your enthusiasm more than you imagine. I can only hope that delivering the best possible version of Shaft, Badrock and co. to date will buffer the disappointment.

Rob

Hey, I'm just tired of people saying such negative things about you all the time. From the interview, it sounds like you're doing what you love and living your (and my) dream. It bothers me that people that have never met you are so opposed to you doing this. I just could not take it anymore.

2 quick things I've wanted to say to you since I might have your attention.

1. Please continue publishing SUPREME. It actually is my favorite book and when it comes out it makes my day. There aren't many books I can say that about, lately.

2. If you need a writer/plotter or the guys at Arcade need one, just email me. This probably sounds stupid, but I try never to miss an opportunity, no matter how small. You and, by extension, Arcade seem to be some of the last people around interested in putting out fun books. People might call them "mindless," but they're superhero books. There are too many superhero comics, currently, that have no action and very toned down boring costumes. I want my superhero books over the top. If I want a "sophisticated" read, I'll read Stephanopolis's book. When I read a comic, I want some insane balls to the wall action!

Rant(s) over.

#294840 - 12/10/02 12:05 AM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
Bad P Rockin Offline

Loc: Orlando
Quote:
As I said before, I have re-drawn entire pages and several panels in an effort to satisfy myself as well as the fans. I wish that I could work quicker and with more confidence at this point in my career but I keep second guessing myself and hurting the book's chances in the process. The true heroes of this business are the John Romita Jr.'s who produce amazing work on a monthly basis, never letting the fans and retailers down.

This is a good thing that you are putting so much detail into the book.

This is why there should be no issue about the book being late. Rob has been guilty of putting out work in the past which he obviously didn't put the kind of effort that he is capable of into. And I think, when you draw your characters large and focus on them more than the backgrounds, it shows more.

But this is such great news that he isn't just copying all of his same poses, angles and designs from the past; but working hard on putting some new energy into the book. When Rob gets into his groove then he is brilliant.

His best works (Captain America, Team Youngblood 9, early New Mutants) showcase characters and events bristling with energy and detail and gave people something they've never before seen.

I am more excited for this book than ever, I'm so happy it's late, because it's late for *good* reasons. The level of violence, sex and political satire will make this the big budget Paul Verhoeven style comic adventure of the year (or next year)!!!

EXCELSIOR TRUE BELIEVERS!!!

#294841 - 12/10/02 01:28 AM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
stevezundy Offline

Could we have a rough guess when the book may come out ,Mr.Liefeld?

#294842 - 12/10/02 01:29 AM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
Hank Wirtz Offline

Loc: Issaquah WA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by steel: A New Hope:
Slander:

I'm not here for a pity party. Retailers are adults. They know the risks involved in business. However, I am not talking about them. For the third time, I am talking specifically about casual consumers. If I fail to mention that at any point, it is fair to assume I'm tired of typing the same thing over and over when close minded idiots like you don't even read or comprehend it.

CRIPES, Steel, how many times do we have to explain to you that late books hurt casual consumers IN PARTICULAR!!!

Captain Fonebone #23 (showdown with Dr. Deathray) is solicited for the same month as one of Rob's phantom books. I don't normally buy the book, but it has a new creative team I hadn't heard of. A week before the book ships, I read Don & Randy's review of the preview copy and I want to get it. I get to the Comic Shop Wednesday afternoon and IT'S SOLD OUT. The shop ordered only a couple of shelf copies for that issue because of Rob's Phantom Book. Because of low orders, the book is under-printed, and since it's a Marvel title, can't be re-ordered.

HOW IS THAT NOT HURTING ME AS A CASUAL CONSUMER?

Dude, get over yourself. Bad for retailers is bad for readers, plain and simple.

#294843 - 12/10/02 02:09 AM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD

Can't cry with you right now. I ran out of tears having a hissy fit over McDonalds' new tasteless frenchfries. Maybe if I cry a little more, they'll go back to the old ones. wawwawawawaaaaaaa

#294844 - 12/10/02 02:14 AM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD

Quote:
Originally posted by Hank Wirtz:

since it's a Marvel title, can't be re-ordered.

Since we are assigning blame here, isn't that Marvel's fault?

#294845 - 12/10/02 08:47 AM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
Hank Wirtz Offline

Loc: Issaquah WA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by steel: A New Hope:
Can't cry with you right now. I ran out of tears having a hissy fit over McDonalds' new tasteless frenchfries. Maybe if I cry a little more, they'll go back to the old ones. wawwawawawaaaaaaa

What the hell are you talking about?

You said you were talking about only being concerned about consumers, not retailers, so many of us explain how late books negatively impact consumers.

Then you respond with non-sequitir crap like this because you don't have a counter-argument?

F&*%in' trolls.

Page 7 of 17 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17 >

Moderator:  Steve Conley, The Pulse