Page 17 of 17 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17
Topic Options
#294936 - 01/27/03 09:22 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
ctsmith83 Offline

Loc: Canada
So... No Youngblood: Bloodsport #1 this month and apparently Diamond will be dropping it from their distribution lists. It's a shame...

BTW, where are those Captain America sales figures again? laugh

#294937 - 02/07/03 06:44 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
ctsmith83 Offline

Mr. Liefeld finally replied to me on the Millarword forums:

Quote:
smith,

Hate to ruffle your feathers, but honestly finding those figures and posting them aren't my top priority in life. As soon as you feel comfortable in thinking you've secured some victory because "beating you" is not terribly important to me, I'll post 'em and cook your goose.

Meanwhile, as far as I'm concerned, you're an annoying self important retailer and I've removed you from the equation in both my life and business. I'm much happier as a result.

Carry on if you'd like and take care,

Rob

I should add that I am not a retailer, but a reader and I did purchase his New Mutants, X-Force and Youngblood (version 1) issues. Why he makes statements, then offers proof to back them up, but fails to deliver that proof is beyond me...

#294938 - 03/08/03 04:12 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
Lar Gand Offline

Rob said that the Cap sales figures were a matter of public record a few months back. Not sure which message board it was though.

"There's always the guys that come up and say 'I was never into you guys, I like the Beatles, you know? REAL music, but could you sign this for my mother-in-law?'---Davy Jones.

#294939 - 03/08/03 05:04 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
Jennifer M. Contino Offline

Loc: PA
who cares?
Jen

#294940 - 03/08/03 05:12 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
Q&A Tim Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Pulse Jen Contino:
who cares?
Jen

Um, Jen could you please stay on thread? wink
Oh wait, that was your point.

here's hoping Liefeld delivers a product his fans can enjoy in the near term, and that his non-fans can take solace in the fact that if they don't like his work (or work habits) they don't have to spend money on it.

#294941 - 03/10/03 09:25 AM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
ctsmith83 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Pulse Jen Contino:
who cares?
Jen

Well Jen, those of us who expect honesty, integrity and professionalism from those who work within any industry care. That and the courage to follow up on their promises and/or obligations. Is that really too much to ask?

#294942 - 03/10/03 09:30 AM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
ctsmith83 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Lar Gand:
Rob said that the Cap sales figures were a matter of public record a few months back. Not sure which message board it was though.

Yes he did. I also confronted him with those numbers and he continually promised to show me numbers that backed up his claims. He failed to do so. Then he changed his story to state that CBG said that his run was the most successful modern run, etc. Why would he bother to state (in two different threads) that he would produce numbers to substantiate his claim and then not do it? I realize that he has other matters to spend his time on, but there's no point in agreeing to produce data if you're not going to bother to follow through. It just doesn't look very professional. I hope his book does well, but I don't think I'll be supporting his future endeavours.

#294943 - 05/15/03 02:31 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
Lar Gand Offline

I think fall/winter of 03 now seems more of a likely release date. A year late now, not too bad...

#294944 - 05/15/03 04:01 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
ManofTheAtom Offline

Loc: Mexico City,MX
Quote:
Originally posted by Lar Gand:
I think fall/winter of 03 now seems more of a likely release date. A year late now, not too bad...

Marvel has a worse release schedule than that...

How late are Kevin Smith's minis?
The Omniverse Fan Fic Site
The Omniverse Forum
Comics are like a Rorschach test; everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be...
I'm About the Big Picture.
'...they had comic book minds...' Alan Arkin, Wait till Dark, 1967.

#294945 - 03/06/04 02:37 AM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
bulbulito bayagbayg Offline

Loc: manila,philippines
at least,he`s a better artist than andy kubert,liefeld`s art makes me laugh,while andy kubert`s art makes me cry.

Page 17 of 17 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17

Moderator:  Steve Conley, The Pulse