Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#294786 - 12/06/02 11:53 AM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
Howard Offline

The Hollywood Stock Exchange (www.hsx.com - a "let's pretend to invest in movies" game) will IPO "Shrink!" next week. Apparently the movie of Liefeld's strip is actually moving forward.

#294787 - 12/06/02 12:17 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
Sock Puppet #9.5 Offline

Face it.
Liefeld may be just now hitting his stride.

#294788 - 12/06/02 12:38 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
wageslave Offline

Loc: New York
what stride? he makes three panels of a crappy comic strip and gets a movie deal, promises, gaurantees a oct ship of the return of youngblood, (where is it anyone?) and now jumps to this comic. Arcade will last as long as his attention span.

#294789 - 12/06/02 12:45 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
THE C0NSPlRACY Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by wageslave:
can anyone find out whether he's finsihed his young blood mini series commitment. Still waiting on that. If not, he should be finishing up his own series before starting this one. It's smacks of the liefeld of old. Not a big fan but youngblood written my mark millar seems cool.

The first issue is already done. ::shrugs:: He's late, did you expect anything else. And I seriously doubt letting everyone know he's pencilling a few pages here and there, and never a full comic until the future, hardly qualifies him as taking more than he can handle.

Sharpe's art ranges from simply capable at best to sorely lacking in detail. - TheFourthRail.com

Part of me wants to pass all this up, since I have no appreciation for Rob Liefeld's artwork...However, Millar is one of my favorite writers, and his interview at Newsarama made the team sound... interesting. Damn him! - TheFourthRail.com

#294790 - 12/06/02 12:47 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
eleven11 Offline

liefeld's a good artist who needs to just spend time on one property that's not cable, brigade, shaft, captain america...

"what will I do now with all my various blood tiltes???"

#294791 - 12/06/02 12:51 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
THE C0NSPlRACY Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by eleven11:
liefeld's a good artist who needs to just spend time on one property that's not cable, brigade, shaft, captain america...

"what will I do now with all my various blood tiltes???"

Burn em, and hope he puts as much effort into BLOODSPORT as he has into some of his "good" stuff.

Sharpe's art ranges from simply capable at best to sorely lacking in detail. - TheFourthRail.com

Part of me wants to pass all this up, since I have no appreciation for Rob Liefeld's artwork...However, Millar is one of my favorite writers, and his interview at Newsarama made the team sound... interesting. Damn him! - TheFourthRail.com

#294792 - 12/06/02 12:56 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
Heidi MacDonald Offline

Loc: New York, New York
Please note, I have updated this interview with the status of BLOODSPORT as well as more information on SHRINK.

#294793 - 12/06/02 02:31 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
Leland Offline

Loc: Work
Quote:
Originally posted by wageslave:
what stride? he makes three panels of a crappyArcade will last as long as his attention span.

His attention span is about the length of a hummingbird on amphetamines!

#294794 - 12/06/02 03:11 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
Christian@LEGION Offline

Loc: Wroclaw
That was a great interview! While it's apparently fashionable to bash Liefeld because you're all obviously better than he is, I wish him the best of luck.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he does next.

#294795 - 12/06/02 03:24 PM Re: UPDATED: ROB LIEFELD ON ALIAS, JJ ABRAMS AND HOLLYWOOD
ctsmith83 Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Christian@LEGION:
While it's apparently fashionable to bash Liefeld because you're all obviously better than he is, I wish him the best of luck.

It's not a matter of whether we're better than he is, or whether his work has artistic merit or not. It is a matter of constantly soliciting work that is either months late or never appears and his looking at the past through rose colored glasses.

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 >

Moderator:  Steve Conley, The Pulse