Topic Options
#333008 - 06/23/04 01:26 PM NEWS: RUIZ LEAVES METRON PRESS/ABS
Jennifer M. Contino Offline

Loc: PA
PRESS RELEASE
Mario Ruiz has announced that he no longer occupies the position of Creative Director at Metron Press. Metron Press, a division of the American Bible Society, had built a reputation as a producer of high-quality graphic novels based on biblical subjects, aimed at reaching a secular and non-traditional Christian audience.

The imprintís first two releases, Samson: Judge of Israel and Testament, were both well received by the comic book community for their stand-out storytelling and high-profile art teams, and both had garnered critical acclaim in the comic book industry and mainstream publishing press.

Ruiz cites a decision by the ABS to reorganize the Metron Press division and to editorially refocus the material to a dedicated Christian readership as the reason for the split. No official word is available as of yet concerning the fate of projects started under Ruizí direction, including Son of Man (a retelling of the gospel in a world where the Roman Empire still rules the earth), The Revelation of John Clay (which follows a detective about to face the events of the Bibleís Revelation) and Mary Magdalene (a modern day look at the life of the New Testament character).

It is Ruizí intention to continue to create Bible-based comic books and graphic novels aimed at reaching a primarily non-Christian Booksellers Association retail audience sometime soon under a different imprint, but with the same caliber of creators that readers of the Metron books have come to know, love and respect.

#333009 - 06/23/04 01:58 PM Re: NEWS: RUIZ LEAVES METRON PRESS/ABS
Registration attempt 7 Offline

Oh Jesus!

#333010 - 06/23/04 06:04 PM Re: NEWS: RUIZ LEAVES METRON PRESS/ABS
Jared Germs Offline

Loc: Bradenton, Florida
I wish Mario the best of luck.
I read TESTAMENT from Metron and it was quite good. I was pleased with the level of talent involved.
Back on the horse, Mario!

#333011 - 06/24/04 05:47 AM Re: NEWS: RUIZ LEAVES METRON PRESS/ABS
Trebuchet Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, California
I hope Mario can find a way to continue the projects. It looked so promising from the freebie I picked up at Comicon.

William Strunk, Jr. and E.B. White

#333012 - 06/24/04 09:28 AM Re: NEWS: RUIZ LEAVES METRON PRESS/ABS
johnnyboy Offline

Loc: the grove
It is too bad the team fell apart, some of the titles projected for solicitation looked pretty good.
www.tapthetalent.com

Moderator:  Steve Conley, The Pulse