Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#36466 - 07/15/08 09:51 PM Wachowski Brothers set to ruin Plastic Man in 2009
Eel O'Brian Offline

Loc: North Kackalackee
http://latinoreview.com/news/updated-keanu-reeves-as-plastic-man-whoa-5001

I have read that script. That script is terrible, and I mean truly wretched on every conceivable level. They make Eel O'Brian an eco-terrorist, so it's "ironic" when he gets turned into Plastic Man. If Jack Cole were alive today he'd shoot himself in the head all over again after reading that script. They totally miss the point, and more importantly the fun.

First Frank Miller manhandles the Spirit, then the Wachowski brothers gut Plastic Man, and once that Captain Marvel movie with The Rock finally gets made the circle will be complete, and every comic character I give a damn about will have been flushed down the Hollywood shitter.

See how far you can make it through this horseshit:

http://home.online.no/~bhundlan/scripts/PlasticMan.txt

#36467 - 07/15/08 09:59 PM Re: Wachowski Brothers set to ruin Plastic Man in 2009
necrotechno Offline

How does this change the Jack Cole comics?

#36468 - 07/15/08 10:09 PM Re: Wachowski Brothers set to ruin Plastic Man in 2009
Eel O'Brian Offline

Loc: North Kackalackee
It doesn't. People who don't normally read comic books are less likely to seek out the original comics if the movie based on them is a shitbomb, though, and that's sort of a shame. When they see Jack Cole's name in the credits they'll think that he's the creator behind the awfulness being gouged into their eyes, even though it has very little to do with the comic book Plastic Man.

Also, the chances of an actual decent Plastic Man movie being made during my lifetime just dropped to zero.

#36469 - 07/15/08 10:32 PM Re: Wachowski Brothers set to ruin Plastic Man in 2009
Joe Lee Offline

They did a great job with V for Vendetta.

#36470 - 07/15/08 10:44 PM Re: Wachowski Brothers set to ruin Plastic Man in 2009
Tuck Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Lee:
Two words: Speed. Racer.

#36471 - 07/15/08 10:54 PM Re: Wachowski Brothers set to ruin Plastic Man in 2009
Joe Lee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuck:
Quote:
Wow, you showed me. What was I thinking pointing out a success when they have a failure too.

And that whole, "Two Words" thing. That's not tired, you must be a professional writer. All I'm saying is maybe we should hope for the best, and wait until we hear more about it...

#36472 - 07/15/08 11:04 PM Re: Wachowski Brothers set to ruin Plastic Man in 2009
Bring Back Zot Offline

Speed Racer was a fine movie. My son and I saw it three times. Read Richard Corliss's review- he got it.

#36473 - 07/15/08 11:19 PM Re: Wachowski Brothers set to ruin Plastic Man in 2009
Tuck Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wow, you showed me. What was I thinking pointing out a success when they have a failure too.

And that whole, "Two Words" thing. That's not tired, you must be a professional writer. All I'm saying is maybe we should hope for the best, and wait until we hear more about it...
Nah, I'm a comics fan. Shoot first, ask questions...nah, just shoot again.

(You know, like you just did.)

#36474 - 07/15/08 11:25 PM Re: Wachowski Brothers set to ruin Plastic Man in 2009
Joe Lee Offline

Quote:

You started it! :p

Oh come on, your an artist, would you want everyone to pre-judge you're next work by one of your worst works, before you even did it? Or give you the benefit of the doubt based on your successes?

#36475 - 07/16/08 10:09 PM Re: Wachowski Brothers set to ruin Plastic Man in 2009
Tuck Offline

Quote:
Quote:

You started it! :p

Oh come on, your an artist, would you want everyone to pre-judge you're next work by one of your worst works, before you even did it? Or give you the benefit of the doubt based on your successes?
DID NOT DID NOT.

(Seriously, wasn't trying to face you...)

Anyway, since you asked: "What I want" (artist or "artist" or no) doesn't get to factor into it. You're only as good as your last at-bat in this game. That's why those guys get paid WAY better than I do, too. If you're going to claim the good (First Matrix), then you gotta take the not-as-good (rest of Matrix). Like it or not.

Tho, I will concede my Speed Racer crack as unnecessarily harsh, going for the easy laugh. (Sorry Zot.)

In fairness, tho, Eel O'Brien as eco-terrorist is going to be a hard sell with me. What else, Woozy Winks as emo-band-boy? Can't wait.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Rick Veitch, Steve Conley