Topic Options
#397030 - 01/07/08 01:08 PM GRAPHIC DEBATE WITH WOLVERINE
Jennifer M. Contino Offline

Loc: PA

GRAPHIC DEBATE WITH WOLVERINE
BY GRACE RANDOLPH

Hi! Welcome to "Graphic Debate". This is a forum where comic book characters fight a very different, yet very real evil – the competitive marketplace. A lot of books are going to hit the shelves this week and, just like movie stars hit the publicity circuit to tell you about their latest films, we here at "Graphic Debate" offer comic book stars the opportunity to tell you – the readers – about their latest titles.

As we all know, the X-Men have been going through a rough couple of months with the "Messiah Complex" crossover. So we asked the X-Mansion to send someone over and they're a little busy so it was very last minute and - (off-camera) Is someone here yet? Yes? The Blackbird just touched down? Great. (back to camera) Okay, so please join me in welcoming one of the X-Men!

(Wolverine walks out)

GRAPHIC DEBATE: Wolverine! What a nice surprise!

WOLVERINE:
Is it?

GRAPHIC DEBATE: I'm sorry?

WOLVERINE:
I'm fuckin' everywhere, man.

GRAPHIC DEBATE: That's true. Considering you're practically carrying the entire franchise on your shoulders, don't you think you should get some special recognition?

WOLVERINE:
A vacation would be nice. Or they could hook me up with Jeannie finally.

GRAPHIC DEBATE: Uh –

WOLVERINE:
It ain't gonna happen, I know. But look, a lot of people say I'm one of, if not the "coolest" character in comics. And I can't seal the deal? It's unrealistic, that's all I'm sayin'.

GRAPHIC DEBATE: But she's supposed to be in love with Scott Summers.

WOLVERINE:
Last I checked he was shackin' up with Emma, tellin' Xavier to go fuck himself AND he got rid of the ruby quartz visor. Damn.

GRAPHIC DEBATE: It's been a big year for Cyclops.

WOLVERINE:
Look, Slim deserves it. I'm not gonna pretend there ain't some hostilities between us, but I respect the guy. And yeah he's blowin' off some steam right now, but you get called a douche enough times and it's gonna happen.

GRAPHIC DEBATE: "Douche"?

WOLVERINE:
Yeah, ain't that what people call him? I'm pretty sure I saw the term "douche" thrown around on the message boards.

GRAPHIC DEBATE:
You read message boards?

WOLVERINE:
Sure I do. Gotta know what the people think. I don't necessarily care, but I like to know.

GRAPHIC DEBATE: Well the response seems to be, overall, pretty positive for "Messiah Complex".

WOLVERINE:
Yeah, I've been gettin' that feelin' too, which is nice, 'cause it was a lot of hard work.

GRAPHIC DEBATE: I can imagine. Plus now you've got the new X-Force ongoing series. Can you really take on another title right now?

WOLVERINE:
Y'know, I complain and bitch, but at the end of the day I'm grateful for the opportunities the X-Men has given me. How many people can say they get to do what they love for living?

GRAPHIC DEBATE: You love eviscerating people?

(Pause)

WOLVERINE:
Yeah, I do.

GRAPHIC DEBATE: I'm surprised you'd admit to something like, especially in today's sensitive, politically-correct world.

WOLVERINE:
Hey, I don't make excuses and I don't make apologies. "I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do isn't very nice."

GRAPHIC DEBATE: Frank Miller really captured you perfectly, didn't he?

WOLVERINE:
Frank's a sweetie.

GRAPHIC DEBATE: So back to X-Force, what do you think of the new team?

WOLVERINE:
It's good. It's solid. We've got myself, Warpath, Wolfsbane, and X-23.

GRAPHIC DEBATE: What's it like working with a female version of yourself?

WOLVERINE:
Bottom line, I've got all the qualities fanboys want in a comic book character – except one. Tits. X-23 solves that problem.

GRAPHIC DEBATE: Interesting, but that doesn't really answer my question –

WOLVERINE:
Workin' with X-23 is fine. Whadya want me to say? Do I wanna make out with myself? No.

GRAPHIC DEBATE: Fair enough. I'm sorry if I crossed a line there –

WOLVERINE:
Relax, darlin', it's fine. But with X-Force, yeah, it's gonna be fun. I dunno if anyone's seen the solicitation, but we, uh, get to deal with stuff "permanently". And we all know I'm a fan of "permanently".

GRAPHIC DEBATE: I have a hard time believing the X-Men would sanction killing anyone, even their enemies.

WOLVERINE:
I ain't gonna lie, it does sound too good to be true. But fuck, if we don't get to kill anyone I'm gonna be pissed. It's got a parental advisory though, so that's promising.

GRAPHIC DEBATE: I see from the cover you're changing your costume again. This time to black and gray with red lenses in your mask?

WOLVERINE:
You let Cyclops design a costume… I guess it's to send a message about who sent X-Force to do the dirty work? But does he get himself dirty? No, of course not. Whatever. Like I said, Cyclops and I share a mutual respect. Doesn't mean I gotta have a beer with the guy, but if there's only one left in the 'fridge, sure I'd let him have it.

GRAPHIC DEBATE: I see. So do you like the new costume?

WOLVERINE:
Yeah, it's fine.

GRAPHIC DEBATE: Because there's a lot of debate over what's your best costume. The yellow and blue, the brown and tan –

WOLVERINE:
Look, nothin' beats runnin' around naked. End of discussion.

GRAPHIC DEBATE: Well thank you for your candor.

WOLVERINE:
No problem. We done?

GRAPHIC DEBATE: Yes, it was great having you on the show.

WOLVERINE:
Don't mention it.

GRAPHIC DEBATE: And that wraps up this episode of "Graphic Debate"! Don't forget to check out Wolverine in UNCANNY X-MEN, ASTONISHING X-MEN, WOLVERINE, WOLVERINE: ORIGINS, ULTIMATE X-MEN, THE NEW AVENGERS and now also X-FORCE –

WOLVERINE:
Plus I got a movie coming out. First member of the X-Men to have his own movie.

GRAPHIC DEBATE: When's it coming out?

(Pause.)

WOLVERINE:
Nobody knows.

GRAPHIC DEBATE: Got it. Alright everyone, thanks for tuning in and we'll see you next week!

Grace Randolph is a comedic actor and writer in NYC. Her upcoming comics are Justice League Unlimited #41 for DC Comics, Nemesis: Who Me? for TOKYOPOP's new Shining Stars program, and the manga The Adventures of CG! for CosmoGirl magazine. She's also the host/writer for TitanTV's "RevYOU" which gets the genuine pulse of the week's new film releases from real moviegoers who've just stepped out of the theater! Go to www.TitanTV.com to watch the latest episodes. Grace also studies and performs at Upright Citizens Brigade. To learn more please visit her website, www.gracerandolph.com, which is highly informative, not to mention awesome.

Juan Navarro is writer and Illustrator who works in various forms; mostly in Sequential Art related projects, but also in Film, TV, and Video Game development. He also earns a living as a graphic designer and freelance illustrator. Juan Navarro is dashing bastard that takes no guff. The kind of man that will stare you down as he helps you up, and have laughed when you initially fell. He eats like a lumberjack and works like a Space Lumberjack. Creating the greatest comics in the world makes him thirsty ... thirsty for adventure .... and a diet-coke. You can learn more about him at thisisjuan.com.

If you'd like to illustrate an upcoming Graphic Debate column, e-mail jencomx3@aol.com for details on how your artwork can appear here.

#397031 - 01/08/08 01:50 PM Re: GRAPHIC DEBATE WITH WOLVERINE
Steve Chung Offline

Loc: San Bruno
Ooo, a bit graphic this week.

Wolverine reads message boards?

Geez, now I gotta watch out for every other word I type befor...SNIKT!

#397032 - 01/08/08 04:18 PM Re: GRAPHIC DEBATE WITH WOLVERINE
grandolph Offline

You can't sensor Wolverine... :p

#397033 - 01/08/08 10:19 PM Re: GRAPHIC DEBATE WITH WOLVERINE
THE Anti-Hunter Offline

Loc: oceanside,Ca
Quote:
Originally posted by grandolph:
You can't sensor Wolverine... :p
Nor censor him neither!

My forum: http://p207.ezboard.com/fthebullpen28879frm43

and the art blog: http://j-m-hunter.livejournal.com/

#397034 - 01/08/08 11:23 PM Re: GRAPHIC DEBATE WITH WOLVERINE
Steve Chung Offline

Neither sensor nor censor or even censure shall keep Logan from his appointed rounds. smile

#397035 - 01/09/08 12:07 AM Re: GRAPHIC DEBATE WITH WOLVERINE
THE Anti-Hunter Offline

Loc: oceanside,Ca
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Chung:
Neither sensor nor censor or even censure shall keep Logan from his appointed rounds. smile
Unless the bottoms are up and he finds himself SNUCKT!

My forum: http://p207.ezboard.com/fthebullpen28879frm43

and the art blog: http://j-m-hunter.livejournal.com/

#397036 - 01/11/08 02:35 AM Re: GRAPHIC DEBATE WITH WOLVERINE
Steve Chung Offline

Or drunk from one too many. smile

Moderator:  Steve Conley, The Pulse