Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#401034 - 02/21/04 06:33 PM Re: The A-Rod Trade
kingtut Offline

Loc: CS, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by Finar:

I don't believe I have and I don't appreciate your treatment of me by calling me names it only shows that you're bringing the proverbial Pen Knife to a gun fight Kingtit.

I stand by my statement that more Baseball teams have no hope as opposed to Football teams.

Come on Get a grip Toronto ? Were you actually silly enough to believe they had a chance last year with that pitching staff ????

Kansas City really sealed the deal down at the end of last season huh ? Why was that could it be they were out of money ???

Baltimore getting better ?? I'll give you that point but it's only because they are spending money not because they have superior talent in the front office. You only make my point it's the haves vs the have nots it's not a level playing field.

Look in the mirror you’ll see a very naive boy.

I won't call you a baseball moron if you start acting like you have a clue. Toronto had a bad pitching staff? You mean the terrible staff that had the Cy Young winner? Yeah, awful.

KC didn't lose because they had no money, they lost because they couldn't keep it together. They had the best start of any team in the Major Leagues, something like 14 straight wins to start the season. Oh, and might I add that the A's are a small market team that spends very little and makes the playoffs every year.

The Orioles are finally spending money BECAUSE they have superior front office talent. The front office is the one spending the money wisely! They got the AL MVP of 2002. Thats not a good pickup?

And "I don't appreciate your treatment of me by calling me names"? Ohhhh, you mean like calling someone King Tit? Yeah yeah, I gotcha.

"I stand by my statement that more Baseball teams have no hope as opposed to Football teams."

Stand by it all you want, it doesn't make it true.

#401035 - 02/23/04 12:11 PM Re: The A-Rod Trade
Finar Offline

Loc: Boston Ma
Quote:
Originally posted by kingtut:
And "I don't appreciate your treatment of me by calling me names"? Ohhhh, you mean like calling someone King Tit? Yeah yeah, I gotcha.

Just remember you started the insult-a-fest

Wonderful points Kingtit and the Yankees outspend everybody. while teams like KC and San Diego and ect. just can't seem to re-load fast enough because of money.

Ohh and how'd that Toronto Pitching Staff do on the days when their Cy-Young award winner wasn't pitching ?

#401036 - 02/23/04 08:26 PM Re: The A-Rod Trade
kingtut Offline

Quote:

Just remember you started the insult-a-fest

Wonderful points Kingtit and the Yankees outspend everybody. while teams like KC and San Diego and ect. just can't seem to re-load fast enough because of money.

Ohh and how'd that Toronto Pitching Staff do on the days when their Cy-Young award winner wasn't pitching ?

I'm not gonna get into a "who started it" argument with you but I want to know where you think the insults are. I really don't see where I insulted you. Was it when I called you a baseball moron? Because you really are acting like one so is that an insult? You may be a genius in real life (I doubt it) but on this subject you truly are a moron. Where are these first insults I supposedly threw at you?

And about the Blue Jays, don't forget they also had Delgado, the second best player in the American League last year, to help that terrible pitching staff. So they were such a bad team they had the best pitcher and the second best hitter in the American League.

#401037 - 02/24/04 09:49 AM Re: The A-Rod Trade
Finar Offline

Quote:

I'm not gonna get into a "who started it" argument with you but I want to know where you think the insults are. I really don't see where I insulted you. Was it when I called you a baseball moron? Because you really are acting like one so is that an insult? You may be a genius in real life (I doubt it) but on this subject you truly are a moron. Where are these first insults I supposedly threw at you?

And about the Blue Jays, don't forget they also had Delgado, the second best player in the American League last year, to help that terrible pitching staff. So they were such a bad team they had the best pitcher and the second best hitter in the American League.

And Toronto still finished out of the money AGAIN.....

Go to the top you started it with your filthy insults.

#401038 - 02/24/04 12:25 PM Re: The A-Rod Trade
smackroscoe Offline

Loc: New York City
Posted by Finar,
Quote:
With All due respect "Smack" it's easy to re-load as you say when you've invented the money tree.

Oh? Even Schilling thinks Henry is a hypocrite when he point to the Yankees spending habits
Calling the kettle...red?

I say Boston was frightened by both high payroll/luxury tax, even though their owner, John Henry, has an estimated personal wealth of FIVE Steinbrenner's!!! WTH? Whatta cheap fuck! Yet, they tried to pinch A-Rod out of some money. That financial mistake dealt them a double whammy: A-Rod won't play for Boston and will play for New York.
The curse has been given new life.

As it's been said before, King George wins because he WANTS to win. I have no answer why Boston doesnt want to win. I assure you, it's quite fun.

#401039 - 02/24/04 12:33 PM Re: The A-Rod Trade
Dan Carroll Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Brent Grenier:
If you can tell me how Mr. Rodguiguez (Sp)is worth $14,000 per inning, I'll eat shit.

Because fans are willing to put many more times that much money into the team's pocket. Why should it all go to the manager and the owner?

Shouldn't the people who are actually out there getting the fans to come in and spend that much money get their share?

#401040 - 02/24/04 04:38 PM Re: The A-Rod Trade
Finar Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by smackroscoe:
Posted by Finar,

Oh? Even Schilling thinks Henry is a hypocrite when he point to the Yankees spending habits
Calling the kettle...red?

I say Boston was frightened by both high payroll/luxury tax, even though their owner, John Henry, has an estimated personal wealth of FIVE Steinbrenner's!!! WTH? Whatta cheap fuck! Yet, they tried to pinch A-Rod out of some money. That financial mistake dealt them a double whammy: A-Rod won't play for Boston and will play for New York.
The curse has been given new life.

As it's been said before, King George wins because he WANTS to win. I have no answer why Boston doesnt want to win. I assure you, it's quite fun.

Smack I agree with you if you're a Yankee fan George is the best thing going if you're a fan of any other team he's the Devil.

I will say this about George in his defense because I admire the guy, years ago he was all for some kind of a cap and told his fellow owners they should have a cap with Mim's and Max's.

Well the owners balked at George and George told them he'd fix them becuase he gets the most revenue so he'd outspend them and he's proceeded to do that for years.

You gotta admire a guy who sticks to his guns.

#401041 - 02/24/04 04:47 PM Re: The A-Rod Trade
kingtut Offline

Quote:

And Toronto still finished out of the money AGAIN.....

Go to the top you started it with your filthy insults.

Really, where do you see any insults? Please repost them so I can see what you're talking about. I apologize if I insulted you but seriously, WHERE are they?

#401042 - 02/24/04 04:54 PM Re: The A-Rod Trade
Finar Offline

Quote:

Really, where do you see any insults? Please repost them so I can see what you're talking about. I apologize if I insulted you but seriously, WHERE are they?

Here's a hint you posted some Stupid Shit.

#401043 - 02/24/04 05:47 PM Re: The A-Rod Trade
kingtut Offline

OHHHHH, I see where you're confused (but really, when aren't you confused?). You inserted a comma there. It should read "Think before you post stupid shit." I'm saying the shit you posted was stupid (and it was). You read it as "Think before you post, stupid shit."

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >