Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#404470 - 05/11/04 01:24 PM Re: MUSLIM NATIONS APOLOGIZE NOW!
Les McClaine_dup1 Offline
Member

Registered: 05/05/04
Posts: 579
Loc: Waltham USA
psssst... FZ... "your" = "your." "You're" = "you are."

You might want to tone down the accusations of stupidity against your opposition.

Top
#404471 - 05/11/04 01:32 PM Re: MUSLIM NATIONS APOLOGIZE NOW!
smackroscoe Offline
Member

Registered: 01/04/03
Posts: 1458
Loc: New York City
[img]http://www.allhatnocattle.net/jordan.jpg[/img]

Top
#404472 - 05/11/04 01:50 PM Re: MUSLIM NATIONS APOLOGIZE NOW!
Sean Murphy Offline
Member

Registered: 03/30/99
Posts: 1481
Loc: State of Confusion
Quote:
Originally posted by FZ:


LOL..Actually, I have more important to do, like take a dump, than waste alot of time here, talking to drooling leftist comic fans. However, the OTTOMAN EMPIRE lasted for 400 Years, and Killed Tens of Millions, it was Islam the religion of Peace at it's 'Finest.' Let's Start with That One.BTW, Bush was attacked by the Clinton Campaign as turning tail and running in the Pacific, and he bailed out and let his fellow pilots get slaughtered. James Carville hatched that one. The CSM, has a decidely Left-Wing Heirachy, used to know someone on the CSM Board, a Ramsey Clark Kook Lefty.


I thought a bit of goading might get a response from you. Anyway, your example of the Ottoman Empire is completely off the mark. The Ottoman Empire was a political entity that happened to be Islamic, just like the British Empire happened to be Christian. By your logic, all Christian Churches should be shut down until the Archbishop of Canterbury apologizes for the atrocities of the British Empire (which, in my admittedly not-seriously-researched opinion, were worse than those committed by the Ottomans. Different topic. Besides, if you'd look at a frickin map, you'd see that the majority of the territory in the Ottoman Empire was already Islamic (here's one for you: http://www.naqshbandi.org/ottomans/maps/default.htm ).

You started this thread with the implication that the Islamic faith is somehow responsible for all these unnamed horrors. So, what can you name that was directly a religiosly inspired action that compares with the Inquisition?

As for your belated other answers, I'll accept the possiblity that the Clinton campaign tried to dig up nasty stuff about Dole's war record. That's what campaigns are like nowadays, unfortunately, and certainly no worse than Bush's attacks on Kerry's record. However, you said in your original post the Dole's record was attacked by "the Left". James Carville isn't representative of all progressives by any means, any more than conservatives are in line with everything Karl Rove says.

As for your bit about the Christian Science Monitor, you're completely incomprehensible. Work on your grammar and try again. Wipe off your drool first, though.

Top
#404473 - 05/11/04 03:17 PM Re: MUSLIM NATIONS APOLOGIZE NOW!
Korvac Offline
Member

Registered: 02/08/00
Posts: 1686
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
<<>>>

You're absolutely right and I apologize unreservedly.
_________________________
"Reality has a well known liberal bias."
-Stephen Colbert

Top
#404474 - 05/11/04 09:18 PM Re: MUSLIM NATIONS APOLOGIZE NOW!
FZ Offline
Member

Registered: 10/10/02
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally posted by L McClaine:
psssst... FZ... "your" = "your." "You're" = "you are."

You might want to tone down the accusations of stupidity against your opposition.


Fine, I made a spelling mistake. What does this have to do with intelligence? You want to be a smug, Pr*ck or have a conversation?

Top
#404475 - 05/11/04 09:26 PM Re: MUSLIM NATIONS APOLOGIZE NOW!
FZ Offline
Member

Registered: 10/10/02
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean Murphy:


I thought a bit of goading might get a response from you. Anyway, your example of the Ottoman Empire is completely off the mark. The Ottoman Empire was a political entity that happened to be Islamic, just like the British Empire happened to be Christian. By your logic, all Christian Churches should be shut down until the Archbishop of Canterbury apologizes for the atrocities of the British Empire (which, in my admittedly not-seriously-researched opinion, were worse than those committed by the Ottomans. Different topic. Besides, if you'd look at a frickin map, you'd see that the majority of the territory in the Ottoman Empire was already Islamic (here's one for you: http://www.naqshbandi.org/ottomans/maps/default.htm ).

You started this thread with the implication that the Islamic faith is somehow responsible for all these unnamed horrors. So, what can you name that was directly a religiosly inspired action that compares with the Inquisition?

As for your belated other answers, I'll accept the possiblity that the Clinton campaign tried to dig up nasty stuff about Dole's war record. That's what campaigns are like nowadays, unfortunately, and certainly no worse than Bush's attacks on Kerry's record. However, you said in your original post the Dole's record was attacked by "the Left". James Carville isn't representative of all progressives by any means, any more than conservatives are in line with everything Karl Rove says.

As for your bit about the Christian Science Monitor, you're completely incomprehensible. Work on your grammar and try again. Wipe off your drool first, though.



See, that's where your wrong. Islam is way of Life, politics included. There is NO Separation of Church and State. Athens, Rome, and the others were NOT already Islamic. It's like saying Aztecs were Already Catholic.

The Catholic Church , and Spain , were mostly responsible for the Inquisition. It was no where near as Harsh as the Treatment at the Hands ofn 'Suliman.'

OK, on the Dole thing, just pointing it out, that it wasn't something 'New.'

The 'drool' comment, brings it all down , dude. C'mon, Give Peace A Chance..LOL

Top
#404476 - 05/11/04 09:57 PM Re: MUSLIM NATIONS APOLOGIZE NOW!
Ayo Offline
Member

Registered: 10/22/01
Posts: 1077
Loc: New York
Islam is a religion, and religions are ways of life.

But you characterize all Islamic peoples as the same: fundamentalist terrorists. That's your story.
_________________________
Don't gotta go rush to Toys'R'Us to get your cabbage patched, kid.

Top
#404477 - 05/11/04 10:02 PM Re: MUSLIM NATIONS APOLOGIZE NOW!
FZ Offline
Member

Registered: 10/10/02
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally posted by Ayo aka Deadpan Darryl:
Islam is a religion, and religions are ways of life.

But you characterize all Islamic peoples as the same: fundamentalist terrorists. That's your story.


I didn't Characterize ALL Islamic People the same. I'm hoping they'll be able to get out from under. I'm talking about those like the ones today who beheaded Berg, A Jew, while yelling 'Allah Is Great.' No matter what you think of Me, Bush or anyone else, someone, somewhere is going to have to 'deal' with this...later.
frown

Top
#404478 - 05/11/04 11:03 PM Re: MUSLIM NATIONS APOLOGIZE NOW!
THE Anti-Hunter Offline
Member

Registered: 01/24/02
Posts: 10266
Loc: oceanside,Ca
Quote:
Originally posted by FZ:


Fine, I made a spelling mistake. What does this have to do with intelligence? You want to be a smug, Pr*ck or have a conversation?


L. could have a convo, but why would he waste his time? I'm sure he has more important things to do, like make comics and stuff.
_________________________
Check out my crap. It is what it is. http://www.webcomicsnation.com/hunter/

My forum: http://p207.ezboard.com/fthebullpen28879frm43

and the art blog: http://j-m-hunter.livejournal.com/

Top
#404479 - 05/12/04 11:30 AM Re: MUSLIM NATIONS APOLOGIZE NOW!
gene phillips Offline
Member

Registered: 09/30/99
Posts: 5910
Loc: Houston, TX
First of all let me divorce myself from the central point of FZ's opening post: I don't think we can refuse to make public apologies for our own wrongdoings just because our opponents won't do likewise. I say, keep your own house in order first, then worry about someone else's. I see FZ is not alone in his sentiments though: this week on THE DAILY SHOW they showed an excerpt of some politician saying much the same thing about not needing to make an apology (and this before the news about the beheading).

That said, I can kind of understand, if not entirely condone, the sense of aggrievement when the opposing culture will not accept any blame for their wrongdoings. For instance, there was some news-story a while back where some organization wanted the U.S. to formally apologize to black people for slavery. But did they ask any apology of those Islamic countries that dealt in slaves and greatly facillitated the slave market? Probably not, because it was so much less probable that any Muslim nation would so publicly reject the acts of its forbears (though admittedly the U.S. did not issue any blanket apologies either).

I do agree with FZ that the religious underpinnings of many Islamic states is much more explicit than it is in most contemporaneous European nations. That's not to say that there haven't always been cynical politicians who merely mouthed religious sentiments to get ahead, but it does seem to me that religious justifications are much more overt in Islamic lands (and may be one of the reasons they could practice slave-dealing on such a massive scale, since unbelievers were not fully human).

On the subject of whether medieval Islam did anything to compare with the acts of medieval Christianity, I recommend Paul Fregosi's JIHAD IN THE WEST for those interested. Even if Fregosi's case may suffer from bias, you'll learn an awful lot about the sins of Islam for which, as I said, no one is ever likely to apologize.

Top
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >