Originally posted by Alias:
Neither party has the market cornered on honesty, integrity or moral values. Both parties are continually allowed to screw the public without fear of repurcussion and until real, meaningful consequences exist to punish those who subvert thier sworn duty as public servants then the public getting screwed will carry on fast and furious by both parties. It's classic misdirection to believe there is any significant differences to republicans or democrats.
Yes, you can find instances of crime and corruption from members of both parties. Power corrupts, that's just human nature. But if you think the NeoCons are no worse than the other side you truly are an idiot. Can't you scrutinize the Bush administration with the same eyes the Republicans used on Clinton? They spent billions over the course of 6 years and accussed him of everything from murder to corruption and found nothing more than a lie to cover up a personal indescretion, something that had nothing to do with anything they were supposed to investigate, (sorry I lumped the Starr investigation together with the whole "Vast Rightwing Conspiracy" there, but you get the point).
They even eat there own! Not only did Karl Rove and the gang engage in smear tactics like the "Swiftboat Vets," against Gore and others like Max Cleland, but they used them against John McCain. Who is so deperately clinging to the party, trying to be a loyal Republican, his wife is the only one who publically admits how hurtful the attacks on her and her husband were. They used push polls etc., to claim they had a black baby out of wedlock (they apopted) and said that she was a drug addict, when she had only gotten addicted to pain killers after back surgery not unlike Rush Limbaugh. They have even sent Bob Dole on the attack, despite file footage of Dole denouncing Bush and his crew for such tactics.
This current administration has lied about more and been involved in more corrupt practices and politics that any in recent history. With strong ties to all the following:
The Carlyle Group
The Saudi Royal Family
(The day after 9/11 Bush was on the porch at the White House smoking cigars with Prince Bandar, wh he affectionately calls Bandar Bush)
(Bush loves the nicknames for his close buddies, Corrupt executive Ken Lay's was Kenny Boy)
(Fact: The WTC was bombed right AFTER Bush-Taliban oil pipeline talks soured.
The talks soured right AFTER Bush/Big Oil threatened Taliban to take their offer or receive a "carpet of bombs.)
(Yes, the WMDs the republicans often point out in horror for Saddam using on his own people were from us for him to use on Iran)
(1. President George W. Bush did indeed have material non-public knowledge of adverse financial conditions at Harken Energy Co. prior to the sale of his Harken stock and therefore violated 15 U.S.C. § 78u-1 , insider trading of securities based upon material non-public information.
2. The Securities and Exchange Commission was indeed aware of Bush’s insider trading violation and chose to stand down.
3. While serving on the Board of Directors at Harken Energy Company, George W. Bush’s performance, motives and ethics were no different than those of the corporate executives and officers of Enron, Worldcom or any other national corporation being criticized by Bush for doing what he did.
4. The Aloha Petroleum sale was an act of fraud and Bush was in a position to know it and prevent it.
5. George W. Bush sought business dealings with people strongly connected to and involved with BCCI, the empire of fraud and crime.)
(He worked for the American oil company Unocal and is wrapped up in the Bush family history, and is nothing more than a Bush puppet of an administration that claimed to not be about nation building).