Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#426684 - 05/15/05 03:41 PM First they came for the Koran, and I did not speak up...
ChrisW Offline

Loc: Lincoln, Nebraska USA
From cnn.com
Quote:
A group of Afghan Muslim clerics have threatened to call for a holy war against the United States in three days unless it hands over military interrogators reported to have desecrated the Quran.
Since the idea that some people want the Ten Commandments in a courthouse is oppressive to many American on the left, and schools can't even have Christmas vacations, they probably need to hide under their beds at the thought of these clerics.

"I think ChrisW is the funniest man in entertainment still alive..."
-- the perceptive Tom Spurgeon

#426685 - 05/15/05 07:14 PM Re: First they came for the Koran, and I did not speak up...
David Porta Offline

The poor dears.

Let's pray.

Father God, give these poor dears a saving knowledge of your Son. May they dwell in the Spirit, and be anxious for nothing, safe in the knowledge that if God is with them, who can be against them?

In the name of your precious Son, Jesus, amen and amen.

#426686 - 05/16/05 01:56 AM Re: First they came for the Koran, and I did not speak up...
Charles Reece Offline

Loc: us of fuckin' a
I'll compromise, put the big religious statues in the bathrooms of publically owned buildings with toilet seats on them and I'll use them. That way we can all get equal value from such idols.

And I agree with Chris, Islam isn't any better than Christianity.

#426687 - 05/16/05 04:56 AM Re: First they came for the Koran, and I did not speak up...
jack Offline

Loc: Just south of NYC
I thought they were already doing jihad?!? Maybe now they're really really REALLY going to declare Holy War on us.

Is there a Nuclear Option for this mess do you suppose? Some fucking button we could push or handle we could jiggle to flush this mess away?

#426688 - 05/16/05 01:24 PM Re: First they came for the Koran, and I did not speak up...
X-height Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Andres Serrano's 1987 red cibachrome print Piss Christ: $43,700

The Koran going down the crapper: Priceless

#426689 - 05/16/05 02:48 PM Re: First they came for the Koran, and I did not speak up...
David Porta Offline

Quote:
Deadly Mistake
Newsweek’s erroneous report and apology demonstrates journalistic cluelessness.

In all of these countries, the greatest danger is not from the courts, but from vigilantes and mobs. In Pakistan in 1997, Shantinagar, a Christian town of some 10,000 people, was burned to the ground after a man there was accused of tearing pages from a Koran. ...

... Newsweek has begun backtracking ...

#426690 - 05/16/05 03:17 PM Re: First they came for the Koran, and I did not speak up...
Paul Herden Offline

Loc: location
How dare you question faith-based community values?

Democratically-run elections have occurred. And as a wise man once wrote:

".

This isn't hard, okay? Shiites are in office because more people voted for them. They do things that don't make sense to you because -- and this is the tricky part for you Christian Repubs -- they think it's right to do them.

."

(Note: Some political references have been altered from the original quote.)

#426691 - 05/16/05 03:18 PM Re: First they came for the Koran, and I did not speak up...
X-height Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
David do you think that true or not makes any difference anymore?

Personally I would rather see a world where it would be true and people wouldn't flip out.

kind of strange that it happens during the same weekend as: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/12/AR2005051201788.html

#426692 - 05/16/05 03:21 PM Re: First they came for the Koran, and I did not speak up...
Charles Reece Offline

Loc: us of fuckin' a
What would Christian Republicans be in Dave's beloved conservative mediaspeak?

"ChriRe"s

#426693 - 05/16/05 09:36 PM Re: First they came for the Koran, and I did not speak up...
geedis Offline

Loc: AZ
I've pointed out many times that the media loves to jump on any exciting rumor without checking sources. They did so through several top stories in the past few months.

Just link to this post.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >